Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arlo - aka "Murphy's Law"

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by Arlo Kalon 2.0, Jul 22, 2010.

1. Arlo Kalon 2.0

Arlo Kalon 2.0 Very Active Member

Oct 21, 2004
    Reno, TX
    Murphy's Law prevails...Since all the good news from yesterday, Arlo has not necessarily taken a turn for the worse, but certainly not for the better. He has begun "leaking" so to speak into his abdomen, which means the repair job to his intestine did not hold, just as the surgeon was concerned it wouldn't. Due to this complication, Arlo is not going to be getting back home for some time to come. He is to be moved to a different facility where they will be able to manage his IV nutrition and other health issues, mostly his lung problems. They think he may have pneumonia, due to the collapsed bottom of his lungs, which happens every time he has surgery pretty much. He will not have another surgery, for which we are thankful, but instead the surgeon says he will heal inside and keep his drain tubes and IV nutrition (nothing to eat or drink) until he does. The stay in the next facility could be up to six weeks...At this point, I just want them to keep him where they can care for him until he is well. Don't want any surprises after I bring him home...Thanks again for all your well wishes, and I will keep you posted as best I can.

Tags:
  2. "Deposit Please"

"Deposit Please" Active Member

Sep 17, 2009
    Illinois
    Get well arlo. Thanks for update.

3. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Thanks again for the update, Mrs Arlo. Arlo is a one tough cookie and he'll pull through this one faster than you expect.

After-all, he's a signman and they don't and won't stay down for long.

take it easy bro'............. :U Rock:​

4. Marlene

Marlene Major Contributor

Jun 8, 2004
    Vermont
    lets hope that all that could go wrong has and no more things will happen! thanks for keeping us posted and please tell him that we are all thinking of him!!

5. Just Another Sign Guy

Just Another Sign Guy Very Active Member

Jun 19, 2004
    Hang in there Arlo. Keep us posted as to his recovery.

6. Deaton Design

Deaton Design Very Active Member

Feb 19, 2005
    Bless his heart. I hope he mends fast and gets back to good health.
    Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

7. GypsyGraphics

GypsyGraphics Major Contributor

Mar 19, 2009
    Hoping for another update soon.

Since he's going to be in that facility so long, any chance we could get an address to send him a card?

8. Jillbeans

Jillbeans Major Contributor

Dec 24, 2003
    Butler, PA
    Great idea. I'd love to send him a card.
    Thanks, Mrs. Arlo, for the update.
    Hope he's doing a little bit better every day.
    Love....Jill

9. round man

round man Active Member

Oct 16, 2005
    Arlo I always say,..."It ain't how ya git knocked down that counts in this old world,....its how ya git back up and fight,.." git better dude,...

10. Si Allen

Si Allen Very Active Member

Jul 17, 2004
    Wow!

Talk about incompetent!

This so called surgeon cuts into his intestine, and doesn't bother to fix it before proceeding ... and ... goes back and botches the job on the second surgery!

Sounds more like a guy who stayed at Holiday Express last night! Time to find a good lawyer and another surgeon!

Hope things do get better!

11. Stealth Ryder

Stealth Ryder Very Active Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Texas
    Get Well Mr. Arlo...

12. SignosaurusRex

SignosaurusRex Major Contributor

Mar 7, 2007
    Washington State
    GET WELL SOON BRO! I might have to take you up on that offer to come up and help out on a wall job, but I'll be damned if I'm gonna wheel your sorry *** back and forth on a scaffold while you are in a wheelchair!:rolleyes:
    Take care of yourself and we'll see you back here soon in the threads real soon!:thumb:

13. Techman

Techman Major Contributor

Jun 24, 2003
    michigan
    come on back arlo.. we nned you to post more again,.

14. mikey-Oh

mikey-Oh Very Active Member

Apr 16, 2009
    okc
    honestly, hoping to help with a couple walls myself. if need be, i'll push teh chair back and forth. sending positive thoughts south.

15. Dave Drane

Dave Drane Very Active Member

Sep 24, 2003
    Thank you Mrs. Kalon. Please give us an address to send a card to. I am sure he would appreciate one from Down-Under.

16. BobM

BobM Very Active Member

May 31, 2008
    Cape Cod
    Get well soon Arlo.

17. surf city

surf city Active Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Toms River, NJ
    More prayers and get well soon thought going your way Arlo, get better soon, I miss your posts and thoughts.

18. omgsideburns

omgsideburns Very Active Member

Apr 15, 2008
    Columbus, OH
    Get better! Because i said so damnit!