• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Arlon wrap kit pros & cons

visiongfx

I have a friend who is getting out of the wrap business and has 3 arlon wrap kits sitting at his shop he offerd them to me at a resonable price, but I am not familiar with arlon. How does it compare to the rest?

speedmedia

After reading some rave reviews on the Arlon material from TecDaddy, I gave it a try and must say I was very impressed. The material is very workable prints nice and is at a great price, I would go for it.

Thanks,
Kurt Dietrich
Speed Media

Brendan

I almost exclusively use Mactac. I bought two kits and after getting over the initial tac. This stuff is good!

P

ProWraps™

arlon should have the pressure sensative adhesive. i cant wait. as far as control tac. CT finishes like sh*t. i hate it. arlon finishes like paint. its amazing.

Jackpine

Arlon wrap kit pros & cons.......PRO!
This is good material and at a reasonable cost. I use the Xscape for auto work. It prints nice.

jasonx

Arlon has a higher initial tack then other vinyls. Once you get over this then it isn't a problem.

EmpireGFX.com

arlon should have the pressure sensative adhesive. i cant wait. as far as control tac. CT finishes like sh*t. i hate it. arlon finishes like paint. its amazing.

I exclusively use Arlon wrap materials.. gotta love how smooth the finished product is! I hate the checkered pattern that Control Tac leaves behind. :banghead:

Plus.. you can't beat the price!!!

SignSmith

Arlon

Arlon is the only thing I use on wraps these days. Very easy to use, and i like the higher tack. Also seems more conformable when needed than the others.

Just pulled in a 14' box trailer to the shop, placing an order for Arlon Calendered wrap kit tomorrow morning. If its anything like the cast wrap material, you won't hear any complaints from me.

Don

eforer

Is the Arlon similar to the Oracal in terms of initial tack? Do you use primer 94 with it, or do you for go it like the 3951? How conformable is their calendered wrap material? Is it really only useful for box trucks/rivets, or could you do a partial on a cargo van etc?

Thanks!

AllSquare Jason

The Arlon 6000x has less tack than the Oracal - but more than MACtac's BFree (not sure when comparing to BFree PRO)

The Arlon 4650GTX calendared works great with a CAST overlaminate on vehicles. It is conformable for sure - but no compound curves. Perfect for partials or trailers.

We ran an awesome promo on the 6000x wrap kits for SGIA. Lots of my new customers like this media.

I have printed and laminated samples of 6000X and 4560GTX if anyone wants to check them out. Also, give me a shot if you guys are using the Arlon media. I stock a TON here, and can beat anyone's price.

kustomkoncepts

I found the 4560 to be very staticy out of the box have you heard this before? it is so bad at times that it can't print. it leaves really bad overspray lines when going from a dark color to white. after a static eliminating bar and running a humidifier it kinda works. It is great stuff for racecars but also when I used it on my personal car found that it has a lot of memory and if you strech it it will curl back. Great for flater stuff and short term signs and partials.

AllSquare Jason

I found the 4560 to be very staticy out of the box have you heard this before? it is so bad at times that it can't print. it leaves really bad overspray lines when going from a dark color to white. after a static eliminating bar and running a humidifier it kinda works. It is great stuff for racecars but also when I used it on my personal car found that it has a lot of memory and if you strech it it will curl back. Great for flater stuff and short term signs and partials.

Are you talking about the 4560, or 4560GTX?

Are you using this with a cast or calendared laminate? That laminate choice could explain it not staying conformed.

Also, if you are using a Roland, the PGCT profile = money!

kustomkoncepts

it is the GTX and I was 3M 8519. I did the sides of my car with 180 Cv2 with 8519 lam and the roof, hood, and truck with 4560 GTX/8519 lam. I kinda experiment with my own vehicles to see how and what I like about a material..I don't experiment on customer vehicles interchangeing laminates and such.

How about the static problem. It is extreamly charged with static from the factory. any one else seen that or is it maybe my supplier.

AllSquare Jason

it is the GTX and I was 3M 8519. I did the sides of my car with 180 Cv2 with 8519 lam and the roof, hood, and truck with 4560 GTX/8519 lam. I kinda experiment with my own vehicles to see how and what I like about a material..I don't experiment on customer vehicles interchangeing laminates and such.

How about the static problem. It is extreamly charged with static from the factory. any one else seen that or is it maybe my supplier.

Right on - not sure about the static problem. I called my Arlon rep, and he said he was not aware of any static issues with print materials. We've heard of his numerous times with laminates (that use synthetic liners) and usually that can be fixed by grounding machines.

PS. I was checking out some of your work on other threads, nice work. I love me some dirt cars!