• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Artificial Intelligence Art Generation

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"

Stacey K

I like making signs
I've seen on the news that they have another site where teachers can upload reports to see if it was AI generated.
Interesting! I do notice you can sort of tell if it was AI generated. I think the "human" factor is missing. They seem to be very matter-of-fact without "feeling". I imagine that will get better as time goes on and harder to spot!

JR's

Great, I could see the banner orders coming in now. Hi I got your name from!!!!!!!!
he said you do the best banners around. Could I get a price For 100 banners that says
I am not AI. LOL here is my credit card number

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Obsessive phone use is just out of control. Saturday, I was driving down a local street toward a signaled intersection. A car up ahead at the intersection was just sitting there despite the green light. The car only started moving when the signal turned yellow. I guess the clown had to finish writing his Tweet before moving.

And, yeah, phones really make a lot of public events suck, especially live concerts. It's bad enough you're going to get price-gouged for the tickets. People sticking their phones up in the air for much of the show ruins a good bit of the experience.

I used to watch movies in commercial cinemas on a frequent basis. Smart phones are one factor why my movie-going has dropped off radically. If I do go to a cinema I try to pick an off-peak time when fewer people will be there. Any benefits of sharing a movie experience with a large crowd are easily cancelled out and worse by the behavior of selfish idiots. Phones are just one of several distractions in a movie theater.

Worst kind of movie-going experience: any "film festival" event where video cameras of any kind are present. It doesn't matter if the people with cameras are students from a community college. The bigger the festival equals a worse crowd. Smart phones up in the air is a given. Anyone with narcissist, attention-whore tendencies will get on their worst behavior. These types of jerks will try to yell-cheer, yell-laugh or make any other reaction noise louder than anyone. It's like a contest. They're all trying to try to draw attention to themselves and prove they're "enjoying" the show more than anyone else in the room. We could be watching a low-budget movie that's objectively pretty crappy and these people will react like it's the greatest movie they ever saw. The behavior is so shamelessly lame it makes me want to vomit.
Do you remember when Axl Rose threw a bottle at a guy recording him at a concert? It wouldn't hurt my feelings one bit to go back to that.
The thing that throws me for a loop is how to handle it with kids. Do you be the weird parent and not allow it and potentially make your kid an outcast or just give in so they can be like their friends? Parents sure have a lot to say about everything and everyone else but they're real quick to give young children phones which has been shown to cause a multitude of issues.

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
Next year on April 8 there is going to be a hell of a solar eclipse across a good part of the US. I'm hoping for clear skies. It's likely a bunch of people "watching" the eclipse will be trying to videotape it thru their phones rather than actually be there in that very rare moment.

One thing I've observed: it's more than just kids and young adults are who are obsessed with their phones. I see Gen-X people my age pulling the same crap, and even older people doing it. My dad will start group chats on his phone and drive me nuts; it's like a flash-back to the very annoying AOL Instant Messenger app. This phone stuff is a wide-spread cultural thing, not just something the kids are doing. I think that's one reason why young people get angry when a parent or other older person tells them to leave their phone alone for a few minutes. Too many older people aren't practicing what they preach.

Aside from immediate safety concerns when I'm driving on the roads, I think all this phone use is creating a digital divide of sorts that is eroding the foundations of our society. People aren't meeting in person as much as they did in the past. So much social interaction is happening virtually online, often between people who may never meet in person.

This military town in which I live had a reputation of being very rowdy. It had lots of bars, night clubs, topless joints and massage parlors. I know some boomer-aged guys who grew up here and they thought it was wonderful during their college years. Starting in the mid 1970's they started "cleaning up" the town; by the late 2000's there was only one topless bar left just outside of city limits. Over the past 15 or so years a LOT of normal bars and night clubs have shut down (there are still some remaining). There are no more book stores. We have plenty of restaurants but who wants to hang out all evening at one? Church attendance has been going downward. It just seems like people are becoming more and more isolated.

Last edited:

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
. It just seems like people are becoming more and more isolated.
All that I need are my 15 cats, ice cream and some TV.
Really though, this is happening all over. It makes for a very sterile looking and boring place to live. I think people are so stuck in some alternate reality of internet perfection that they are not able to even see what gives places a unique character anymore (good and bad). As someone who grew up in South Florida, I way prefer to ride around and see the random crackhead dancing on the sidewalk then a bunch of walled off developments and chain restaurants.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Next year on April 8 there is going to be a hell of a solar eclipse across a good part of the US. I'm hoping for clear skies. It's likely a bunch of people "watching" the eclipse will be trying to videotape it thru their phones rather than actually be there in that very rare moment.

One thing I've observed: it's more than just kids and young adults are who are obsessed with their phones. I see Gen-X people my age pulling the same crap, and even older people doing it. My dad will start group chats on his phone and drive me nuts; it's like a flash-back to the very annoying AOL Instant Messenger app. This phone stuff is a wide-spread cultural thing, not just something the kids are doing. I think that's one reason why young people get angry when a parent or other older person tells them to leave their phone alone for a few minutes. Too many older people aren't practicing what they preach.

Aside from immediate safety concerns when I'm driving on the roads, I think all this phone use is creating a digital divide of sorts that is eroding the foundations of our society. People aren't meeting in person as much as they did in the past. So much social interaction is happening virtually online, often between people who may never meet in person.

This military town in which I live had a reputation of being very rowdy. It had lots of bars, night clubs, topless joints and massage parlors. I know some boomer-aged guys who grew up here and they thought it was wonderful during their college years. Starting in the mid 1970's they started "cleaning up" the town; by the late 2000's there was only one topless bar left just outside of city limits. Over the past 15 or so years a LOT of normal bars and night clubs have shut down (there are still some remaining). There are no more book stores. We have plenty of restaurants but who wants to hang out all evening at one? Church attendance has been going downward. It just seems like people are becoming more and more isolated.
I wanted to see the last one.. This one is passing right over Dallas

Johnny Best

Make sure your phone is charged Tex, and take some pics for us.
or better yet take a video and yahoo real loud when the eclipse happens.

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
I intend to check out the 2024 US solar eclipse, but I'm not sure exactly where I want to try to view it, probably somewhere to the East or South of Dallas as close to the centerline as possible. According to one map areas in South Texas will have the longest durations of totality in the US. As I said earlier, I'm really hoping for good weather. Spring storm season nonsense or just plain cloudy weather could really screw up the viewing opportunities.

Notarealsignguy said:
Really though, this is happening all over. It makes for a very sterile looking and boring place to live. I think people are so stuck in some alternate reality of internet perfection that they are not able to even see what gives places a unique character anymore (good and bad). As someone who grew up in South Florida, I way prefer to ride around and see the random crackhead dancing on the sidewalk then a bunch of walled off developments and chain restaurants.

We still have some random crack-heads walking around parts of Lawton. But, yeah, there is a creepy same-ness to many of these "perfect" suburban areas. The commercial districts look identical. And more of them are subject to very restrictive anti-signs codes. The residential subdivisions have to suffer the tyranny of Home Owner Associations. I'm glad my old neighborhood isn't "governed" by any of that crap.

I believe the Internet and social media has made people more fickle. The "meet market" is tougher now, thanks in part to people evaluating each other based on the content of their Instagram page or other parts of their online presence. If a would-be significant other doesn't appear to be living large enough then its swipe left.

And then the news-as-entertainment industry is conditioning the general public to not want to leave the house at all via all the horror stories they broadcast. I guess at least some people are getting out of the house more often, since cases of sexually transmitted disease are on the rise.