• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Arts & letters 8.0

OldPaint

for any of you that have A&L 7, 7.5..........you can upgrade to V 8.0 for $19.95!!!!!!! new owner wants to get more users of this program. similar to corel draw, and a lot of good vector clip art. if you dont have A&L previous versions you can full program for $79.00.
www.Arts-Letters.com

Vinylman

Their website is not very informative whats on their site?

My guess after reviewing their so called web site.

Just like computer science, Garbage in = Garbage out.

Amateur program that never made it into mainstream graphic design community acceptance.

Never was, Never will be.:banghead:

Techman

Just like computer science, Garbage in = Garbage out.

Actually.. It is a very nice package. And it can do things that the other graphics / vector programs cannot do.

I got one long ago an used it in ways to make my own clipart.. It was faster and better than some of the mainstream packages. Also, it has a ton of art to go with it.

Yes that website leaves a lot to be desired. But it is geared more towards geeks than to those who want a full blast eye candy site.

Here is another place to look

https://www.facebook.com/ArtsAndLettersExpress?fref=ts

OldPaint

this is a vector clipart from A&L. this can be taken apart, manipulated however you want.

Attachments

• 57 chev.jpg
    57 chev.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 98

visual800

I hate to start the monday off with a bad note but this is just sh*t! There is much better vector art out there to work with. It's cool you can remove items but damn I dont see what all the fuss is about , sorry.

Steve C.

OP is offering information for those who might be interested. Geezzz. If you not
interested, pay it no mind. I would value Tecmans opinion, especially if he
has used it.
:peace!:

Marlene

OP is offering information for those who might be interested. Geezzz. If you not
interested, pay it no mind. I would value Tecmans opinion, especially if he
has used it

+1
also, what do you expect for a $79 program? it looks like it give you at least that much for the money

OldPaint

FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NEVER USED IT...but who have a negative opinion..... WHY??? as usual those things you know nothing about...you can give an opinion???
the program is normally $199.00, and has been advertised at $149.00. IT IS A FULL VECTOR GRAPHICS PROGRAM...as good as corel and whole lot simpler then ILLY to get used to!!!!!
i said most of it use was to silk screeners. and desktop publishing.
I HAVE IT SET UP TO CUT DIRECT TO MY ROLAND.............AND DOES A NICE JOB OF IT.

round man

In the early 90's when personal computers first dropped below the $2000 mark and plotters first started becoming economically available for the average small one man shop there weren't but about half a dozen software programs one could buy that would drive a plotter to cut vinyl,...arts and letters was one of those few,....it fell out from popularity but has never went away which in itself is quite an accomplishment,...the authors have kept it up to date over the years and above all kept it economical,.....sure it isn't illustrator and or corel but it has it's place,....my suggestion,...don't knock it till you've tried it,...just because a tool doesn't come in a bright shiny package doesn't mean it can't do the job,...most users won't admit it but they rarely use 10% of the commands in Illy and corel,....power users rarely use 50% of the commands,... when all the bells and whistles aren't necessary why do we continue to pay for them? usually its because a newbie or client uses the latest version of them and we choose to upgrade to have the ability to open files,...I think we'll start to see alot of these more economical programs gain popularity in the near future as the cost of cloud subscriptions and upgrade costs/anti-piracy measures cause software prices to climb out of the reach of the average user,,.....

Jackpine

+1.....well stated.

In the early 90's when personal computers first dropped below the $2000 mark and plotters first started becoming economically available for the average small one man shop there weren't but about half a dozen software programs one could buy that would drive a plotter to cut vinyl,...arts and letters was one of those few,....it fell out from popularity but has never went away which in itself is quite an accomplishment,...the authors have kept it up to date over the years and above all kept it economical,.....sure it isn't illustrator and or corel but it has it's place,....my suggestion,...don't knock it till you've tried it,...just because a tool doesn't come in a bright shiny package doesn't mean it can't do the job,...most users won't admit it but they rarely use 10% of the commands in Illy and corel,....power users rarely use 50% of the commands,... when all the bells and whistles aren't necessary why do we continue to pay for them? usually its because a newbie or client uses the latest version of them and we choose to upgrade to have the ability to open files,...I think we'll start to see alot of these more economical programs gain popularity in the near future as the cost of cloud subscriptions and upgrade costs/anti-piracy measures cause software prices to climb out of the reach of the average user,,.....

slipperyfrog

It is a great program set. Thanks for the info on the update or I would have missed it. I find it another tool in the box.

Crazy the people that will hate without actually using the software.