• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions As of 2019 Should I go for the TruVIS VG series or the VSi Series?

TruVis VG or VSi Series

• VG

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • VSi

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters

Myster Enigma

hello guys,

i also went to one reseller and was told that they dont sell older versions anymore, instead they offer me the new VG2 series. i dont have much idea about it, told that it has 20improvements than the old VG. but do you have insights about the new tr2 inks of it, i mean the difference with truevis ink? is it worth to buy?

thanks
Hi, I also saw the VG2 but the price was a lot higher than the Vs540i I bought. What was the offer price?

jimmysings

I am planning on upgrading from my SP540v soon. I want to get either the VS540i or the TruVis VG540. In GBP I can pick up the VG for 1000 pounds (1300 or so dollars) more. So $11,000 VSi vs $12,300 VG. Both are in used condition.

I was aware that the VG series was too new at the time and as they aren't using Epson printheads anymore a lot of users were skeptical. Now that we are in 2019 what are the views and opinions on this matter? Thanks
i have 3 rolands and 1 true vis.. true vis is by far the best quality of prints i have ever seen, when printing text on just a mid setting it looks like cut vinyl ...i absolutely love the true vis but there are some added costs, 1 you have to continually by a cleaning cartridge (500 ml are cheaper than my 440s in in my vs) and you will have to clean the tru vis a minimum of twice a week i clean my other roland like once every 2-3 months and they are fine

Myster Enigma

i have 3 rolands and 1 true vis.. true vis is by far the best quality of prints i have ever seen, when printing text on just a mid setting it looks like cut vinyl ...i absolutely love the true vis but there are some added costs, 1 you have to continually by a cleaning cartridge (500 ml are cheaper than my 440s in in my vs) and you will have to clean the tru vis a minimum of twice a week i clean my other roland like once every 2-3 months and they are fine

Yeah the TrueVis was great but in the end I settled for the VS540i. To be honest with my work it's completely fine for what I need and is faster at dual CMYK than the TruVis. Better speed but lower quality than TruVis is preferred over better quality to me in the end.