• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Atlantic Computer (fraud)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Replicator

BBB does suck, but threatening to contact the attorney generals office has worked well for us on occasion . . .

It's a threat that actually has some backbone !

Graphics2u

He is bad news!

Unfortunately I had a problem with this guy back in August and September of last year. For those that were Premium subscribers might recall this thread http://www.signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55847 . I posted that in September in the Premiun section before outing this guy to see what others thought first before blowing the whistle on the guy if it wasn't neccesary. I got mixed reviews and at the same time I ended up getting the problem somewhat worked out with him. I wish I'd listened to iSign Now! :doh:
It's a long story, but basically he sent me someone elses Mainboard that had been sent to him for repair and was still broken when he sent it to me. The thing is Ernie didn't count on me and the real owner of that mainboard to coming into contact with each other (purely by coincidence) and figuring out what he had done! He denied everything, but we had serial #'s. He knew he was toast! I had paid with PayPal which you might think was a good thing, however PayPal is a joke if you use it outside of eBay. All a person has to do is send you a shipment, doesn't matter what it is, and you're stuck! You could order a Grand Piano and get shipped a pair of socks and they will do nothing!!!!! Now if they never send anything then they will help.:banghead:

He quit answering my phone calls so I started calling from different phone #'s and guess what? He'd answer then! I must have used 5 or 6 different phones! So you can fake out Caller ID!!!

The only thing that saved me was that I funded the PayPal Transaction with a Credit Card and not my bank account. My Credit Card stopped payment to PayPal and that finally got the ball rolling. Ernie got quite mad when I did that! Finally got the Mainboard and that didn't fix my problem anyway but i ended up selling to the guy who sent his to Ernie for repair and we were all happy. Well not happy but at least back to where we started before coming to know Ernie!

By the way he has a couple websites and it looks like he has locations up and down the east coast, but after some investigation I found that all the phone #'s to all those locations are forwarded to his home # in Florida. It takes all kinds doesn't it!

1leonchen

wow! IF IT IS SUCH A HASSLE TO GET A NEW MAIN BOARD THEN IT MAKES SENSE TO BUY A NEW ONE. my cables to my screen are gone but i got a quote for 1200 for a new board for my falcon 48. it is good to be a member of signs 101. i was about to lose a lot of money. great post.

I just had a buddy of mine from Big Foot Signs and Graphics come in, and says he is getting the run around from this guy too. Time to get this guy "done"

Graphics2u

I have sent my board back to him right now waiting to get a response of what the problem is from him.
You need to demand you old board back with the blown fuse and have a computer shop fix it locally if you don't feel comfortable soldering it yourself.

printwiz79

I received a email from Ernie Friday. He stated that he was out of the country and does not know when he will be back. He said that my board is ready but he has no one at the shop to send it out. I asked if his wife could send it out and he said that she would not know what one it was because he had hundreds of boards lying around. I say we all take him by storm. I could use a couple extra boards. Anyone else.

dhamlett15

That's funny he told me Friday that he would be in the office Saturday and check on my board. I think its time for all of us to go after him.

printwiz79

So I received the board from Ernie and low and behold it worked. Thank god this was not the board for my 1604 or I would have had to close the doors. I will never do business with him again. I would have been better off spending the extra for a new board. JR has one job that it created over and over all day long 5 days a week and we are glad to have it back up and running. I know that the 1604 is faster but I use that for is all my other runs. Soo to make a long story short, if you want to save a few hundred buck and maybe get a board in three months, use Ernie. Good luck to all and happy printing.:wavingflag:

Graphics2u

So I received the board from Ernie and low and behold it worked. Thank god this was not the board for my 1604 or I would have had to close the doors. I will never do business with him again. I would have been better off spending the extra for a new board. JR has one job that it created over and over all day long 5 days a week and we are glad to have it back up and running. I know that the 1604 is faster but I use that for is all my other runs. Soo to make a long story short, if you want to save a few hundred buck and maybe get a board in three months, use Ernie. Good luck to all and happy printing.:wavingflag:
Glad you got fixed up! It's strange because I know in several situations including mine he finally came through, but it's the aggrevation of all the fake excuses that makes me wonder, why does he do that? He obviously has a knowledge of the printers he services and and usually comes through in the end, but why not just be up front with people and say "you know I can't get you that right now but I'll have that part in 3 weeks". And then in 3 weeks HAVE THE PART!

daveb

General Know-it-all
New guy on the site, sorry if this offends a few, take it or leave it... Just got to throw my 1/2 cent in here (don't have a lot of scents, can't spare 2). We buy all out equipment off one guy and have for 30 years, no one touches our stuff but him or his techs. Sure we play with him and threaten to go somewhere else... gotta keep him honest. He will never be able to compete with Sign Whorehouse on price, just not enough volume, but if we EVER have a problem with a machine I can't fix he's there, usually the next day because he knows we're loyal customers. We moan and groan when our customers shop for the cheapest peace of crap they can buy and go somewhere else, but then we don't extent the same consideration to our suppliers. I say you get what you deserve, you're willing to swallow the biggest line of garbage from a salesman OR believe everything you read on a web site just to say you've saved a buck.... Just like your customer that goes down the street, they usually get what they deserve too.

MyBad
Dave

ernierad

If I owe anybody anything, let me know.
I am sorry for the delay sometimes, but I do not sit in an office all day.
I am a service tech that flys around the country.
If I have not satisfied a handful of people then check with the hundreds that I have satisfied. Reference lists available.
I do have 3 warehouses right now, although the one in Massachusettes is almost emptied out.
See I dealt with a company called Agfa who dropped Their Sherpa line which were Mutoh Falcon ones and twos. I bought out their entire inventory of 180 machines, and parts and used parts. They turned their service over to GEI/ CALGRAPh who asked US to become partners with them. Everything worked out great till they may have got into financial difficulty.
Please respond. Give me your comments and criticism and I will respond.
Again, if I owe ANYBODY ANYTHING, LET ME KNOW AND I WILL RECTIFY THE SITUATION>

Status
Not open for further replies.