• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Attention Graphtec owners

Unitedhbn

Hello everyone. I purchased a Graphtec FC8000-130 a month ago and it's been a wonderful machine. However it recently started make in some clicking noise when the vinyl is feeding ("x" direction not "y"). It's coming from the area that's under the grit rollers and not the cutting carriage. I wanted to pull off the front plastic section (the large black plastic cover where the alignment holes are located) so I can see what's going on. Unfortunately I cannot figure out how to remove it. There's 4-5 screws that run across the bottom of this cover. If I remove those screws I can only tilt it up a bit but it appears to be tucked up under that cutting mat and it won't budge any further.

Does anyone know how to remove this front cover?

-Shane

briankb

Premium Subscriber
Contact Graphtec, it may take a day but they know their products and can help you resolve the problem. If it's still under warranty I would suggest contacting them to get it repaired.

Mosh

I have always had Roland plotters (and early Gerber). One of my friends went to Graphtec...in five years he went through 3 of thier machines while I still have my original Roland (1993)..so this does not suprise me one bit.

omgsideburns

Do you have dots or glue built up on your grit rollers?

Otherwise, call Graphtec. They will troubleshoot over the phone with you.

fresh

Hello everyone. I purchased a Graphtec FC8000-130 a month ago and it's been a wonderful machine. However it recently started make in some clicking noise when the vinyl is feeding ("x" direction not "y"). It's coming from the area that's under the grit rollers and not the cutting carriage. I wanted to pull off the front plastic section (the large black plastic cover where the alignment holes are located) so I can see what's going on. Unfortunately I cannot figure out how to remove it. There's 4-5 screws that run across the bottom of this cover. If I remove those screws I can only tilt it up a bit but it appears to be tucked up under that cutting mat and it won't budge any further.

Does anyone know how to remove this front cover?

-Shane

Is this while its running, or only when setting it up?

While its running, do you advance the vinyl manually? We load up the plotter, unroll the vinyl (with the roll on rollers) to at least the length of the cut file, and then start the job.

"Deposit Please"

...call Graphtec before you think about taking things apart on your new machine and poking around with your dirty little fingers....dontaa taaauch!!

Unitedhbn

Thank-you for all your support :)

Below is a link to a video of my machine cutting a job for me this afternoon. You can clearly hear the clicking noise AT THE END OF THE VIDEO. At the end of the video I moved my camera phone close the area where the noise is coming form. It's coming from under the cutting mat. Perhaps someone can identify what would cause this noise?
View the video in your browser here: http://s132605845.onlinehome.us/FC8000_130_Clicking_Noise.3gp

...or you can download the entire video here: http://s132605845.onlinehome.us/FC8000_130_Clicking_Noise.zip

If you're unable to click on the link above, copy and paste it into your browser's address bar.

Sincerely,
Shane