• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Attention HP l25500 owners!

Freese

There's a separate app called CutServer that does the cutting. You should probably email their sales team to make sure this workflow is going to be ok for you.

You can also cut directly out of layout tool as well.

kyjoe340

Just got mine set up and running friday. I can't believe how easy it is to use. I'm using Signlab 9's rip, works great and the prints are awesome. I was going to buy Onyx if Signlab didn't work, but it does a very good job and is easy to use. The tech that setup up my HP hadn't seen Signlab's rip before and commented on how easy it was to adjust the profiles. Anyway, nothing but good things to say about the HP Latex here.

Suz

Hi kyjoe,

Very exciting!!!! Also, glad to hear that Signlab 9 is working well for you and that the prints are awesome! How much is that Signlab program? I'm planning to go with trial version software before buying as I want to be sure. My machine should be shipping out soon, I'm pretty happy about it!
-Sue

Just got mine set up and running friday. I can't believe how easy it is to use. I'm using Signlab 9's rip, works great and the prints are awesome. I was going to buy Onyx if Signlab didn't work, but it does a very good job and is easy to use. The tech that setup up my HP hadn't seen Signlab's rip before and commented on how easy it was to adjust the profiles. Anyway, nothing but good things to say about the HP Latex here.

iSign

Hi kyjoe,

Very exciting!!!! Also, glad to hear that Signlab 9 is working well for you and that the prints are awesome! How much is that Signlab program? I'm planning to go with trial version software before buying as I want to be sure. My machine should be shipping out soon, I'm pretty happy about it!
-Sue

I bought Signlab *(version 8 I think) for about $2000 maybe 5 years ago...
after about 1 year, I stopped using it & would offer to sell it for $900
complete with like new box, disc, documentation and dongle...

so if you want to find out of an upgrade gets you where you need to be, for a price that generates any interest in purchasing my copy... feel free to contact me here or email: signs (at) islandsign.com

kyjoe340

The only change I made in Signlab 9's rip program was to select "preserve pure black" in the ICC profile. Without that change anything black was not drying completely because it was using cmy to make black instead of using black alone.

Suz

isign,

I did email them earlier today to ask what upgrade would cost from your version to their newest version. So, just waiting for an answer. -Sue

iSign

thanks for the update. I've been meaning to advertise that software here for a few years.. this thread finally inspired me to at least chime in... and whatever I learn from you will help me post a classified if it doesn't sell here... so I'll stay tuned (I'm expecting to buy an HP latex printer to replace my Mimaki soon)

Suz

iSign,

You are welcome! Looks like your Signlab was a great choice when you got it. Through the years, I have read lots of good things about Signlab so I'm sure you will have no problems selling it. I'm just not sure it will be the best choice for me but I'll consider it for sure.

I'm inclined to go with what my machine technician thinks is the best for this machine (when I know more about software for it) and those programs would be Caldera, Onyx, or Wasatch. As my technicians see more of what I do and how I work, they will be able to assist me better in choosing the right software. Yesterday I found out that my Dealer really pushes the Caldera and they can work with you on training through webinars, I think is what he was saying. Probably most companies these days are able to do that. This will be another financial decision, but the big one (machine) is done. Yay!!!

Suz

kyjoe,

Interesting information on the black not drying (process black) until you used the designated black alone. Makes sense though. So the graphic you were printing must have included some solid black/spot color areas? In other words, not a continuous tone or halftone image?

13k for a 60" machine??? Christ ... Why the f... is it more than double that price up here???? You can bet your ass that my next purchase will be down south.

I just purchased a laser engraver and i had gotten suggestions from a member living in the US on other brands to look at and he was shocked to learn on the prices i had gotten. Just seems everything up here is ALLOT more expensive than what you guys in the US pay for. And there is no reason for it anymore with our dollar being on par for quite a while now.

I feel we are getting robbed up here.

Have you had Proveer give you a quote? I would bet they are in the 13k ballpark on the L25500s....

Baz

Have you had Proveer give you a quote? I would bet they are in the 13k ballpark on the L25500s....

No I haven't contacted Proveer. They are one of my supplyers also. And from reading this thread i am not sure this printer is right for me. The only thing i like about this printer is the price. Latex is not a deciding factor for me. Switching media easily is a big factor for me. Also,i would need to purchase a separate cutter so i am looking at another 6k give or take. And i am not convinced on how well built this printer is for steady production in a shop environment.

This year instead of a new printer i decided to purchase a laser engraver and will be looking at printers next year. This will also give time for all of you users to test out the machine for me :thumb:. I'm still thinking that i would be better served with another Roland or switch over to Mimaki (because i like the reds coming out of that machine/inkset much better).

And you can always count on things being more expensive in Canada than the US.

Tim Aucoin

Also ask T3, he bought one and he's in Canada.

I purchased my L25500 from Mondrian Hall (Unisource) here in Calgary. I know Earnest Green also sells them, but I wouldn't recommend them myself! According to Baz, you can get them from Proveer as well! :thumb:

Switching media easily is a big factor for me. Also,i would need to purchase a separate cutter so i am looking at another 6k give or take. And i am not convinced on how well built this printer is for steady production in a shop environment.

This year instead of a new printer i decided to purchase a laser engraver and will be looking at printers next year. This will also give time for all of you users to test out the machine for me :thumb:. I'm still thinking that i would be better served with another Roland or switch over to Mimaki (because i like the reds coming out of that machine/inkset much better).

And you can always count on things being more expensive in Canada than the US.

Hey Baz... just from my past years experience with the L25500 I can tell you that the media switch is very fast once you get used to it. I actually like the media feed of the L25500 better than my old Roland, as it fees much more accurate. The printer tests the squareness of the input during the feeding process. I just ran 30' of banner material this morning without a smidgen of movement! :Big Laugh

As far as production, it prints like a trooper.. all day long (and into the evening when I leave it running as I head out the door. I understand your dilemma about the cutter though, as I went through the same thing. I ended up trading my Roland (wasn't using it anymore because the L25500 does such a great job!!) for a 64" cutter straight across. Great deal for me and now I'm all set!

Anytime you're out this way, pop in and see it running. That offer is open to anyone here! :thumb: