• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Attn: All Flexi users - fonts not working after the Windows update

RJ TECH1

Printer Singing Lessons + Flexi Undergraduate 2001
I just had my first support call on this issue. True type fonts seemed to work fine, just postscript fonts were the issue. Removed update KB2753842http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2753842. Also turned off Automatic updates temporarily. Hopefully issue will be resolved quickly. (Crossing Fingers) :doh:

SAR.Summerlin

Grrr I uninstalled the update and even restarted my computer it didn't fix the problem any one else have this problem? Any solution I have work I can't do.

SAR.Summerlin

System restore worked and I turned off auto updates I hope they fix the problem so I don't accidentally manually install this update again.

Thanks for your help genericname and Mike Paul

sdodson1

All you have to do is open control panel, add remove programs, check top box that shows updates, sort by date, remove the 1 update that is not a security update most recently installed. It is a file that has to do with daylight savings time. remove it and all normal again! I am running XP and noticed an update this morning and then tried to open a file I made yesterday and it was blank so I knew the update was to blame!

w4signs

THANK YOU. Spent an hour trying to figure out wth was going on. And it figures one of our own branding fonts is an open type font. One more notch on how I love Microsoft. Auto updates off, which I thought I already did.

Colin

It is update: KB2753842

Get rid of that and your problems will be solved. Turn off auto updates.

Pat Whatley

Got rid of the update. Got rid of the security updates. Restarted twice.

....still won't recognize my fonts. Do I need to reload them or something?

Colin

Got rid of the update. Got rid of the security updates. Restarted twice.

....still won't recognize my fonts. Do I need to reload them or something?

Nope, the fonts aren't affected. In the long list of updates, be sure that you got rid of the correct one. There may be one with that same number associated with MS Office; the one for you want may be down near the bottom of the list. Find it, nuke it, and you should be good to go.

thewood

Thank you ladies and gentlemen for addressing this issue. Just to reiterate, this affects 32 bit systems as well.

:signs101:

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
Yesterday one of our older PCs, running Win XP Pro SP3 32-bit, got hit with this nonsense. All of a sudden, no fonts in Flexi.

This morning my brand new desktop, running Win 8 Pro 64-bit, was showing the same problem in CorelDRAW X6 (64-bit version). TrueType fonts would work, but anything using Postscript was trashed. Strangely, all my fonts worked in Adobe Illustrator CS6.

I uninstalled the KB2753842 update from both machines and it solved the problem. Also changed the automatic updates settings. I guess we'll wait and see when this particular security update gets fixed correctly.

Thanks to the folks in this forum who identified the offending issue!

tiffanykrt

Having my IT guy uninstall this update now. All 3 of our computers updated - one 64 bit and two 32 bit. Our IT guy has expressed to us to NOT turn off automatic updates. Not updating your computer leaves you vulnerable to viruses and hackers. He's going to uninstall this update and block it so it doesn't download again in the next auto update. Just thought I'd pass that along. We just lost one of our hard drives to a virus, so we know how security updates are very important.

I would just turn off updates until flexi fixes this problem. If you don't turn it off you will have to uninstall the update every couple of days. I did it yesterday and had to do it again today because I didn't turn off automatic updates.

SignBurst PCs

I wouldn't advise turning off the updates. You can uninstall the single offending update and "hide" the update so it doesn't get installed again. I thought that I would mention that you don't have to stop automatic updates to prevent the offending updating from installing again in the future. I have been helping folks do this all morning.

SignBurst PCs

Win 7:

Start > All Programs > Windows Update
Click on View Update History
Click on Installed Updates
Find Update labeled KB2753842, right-click it and unistall it. It should prompt you for a restart, go ahead.

After restart, Start > All Programs > Windows Update
You should now see it (KB2753842) in the list of Important Updates to be installed, right-click it and Hide it

You should be good to go. It shouldn't install again.

Win XP is very similar, but you uninstall the update in Add and Remove Programs. You can Hide the update in Windows Update (Internet Explorer). The exact steps are a tad bit different, but the process is the same.