• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Attn: All Flexi users - fonts not working after the Windows update

Baz

Now ... I know i am due for an update but my production pc, the one that runs my printer and plotter is a 2004 build ... It still only has service pack 1 installed and that's it .. hasn't been updated in 8 years ... it is never connected to the internet and starts up everyday the same way it always does.

Even my design pc which is more recent is not connected but i do understand the need/convenience for it to be online. My setup kind of allows for it since i have three computers next to each other. Only one of them is online.

I would NEVER trust my production computer to be connected ... Mainly because of this issue exactly ... Freakin updates screwing up other software. Even in 2012 it still happens and i believe allways will.

Downtime is expensive !!!!

David40

More than just Windows Update

Westpointsigns, What anti-virus are you using? I have the same issue but have not done any Windows Updates in years. Seemed to have happened when I updated my AVG anti-virus software.

David40

FYI, I got the info from a moderator at the AVG forum with instructions on removing AVG entirely and re-installing version 2012. All problems are gone and I'm back in business. It would appear there is more than just the Windows Update that is making system modifications on how open fonts are being interpreted by the OS.
From here on out I make no changes without first cloning the HD, so if anything goes wrong all I have to do is swap out the HD and be back to where I was with everything in tact. To hell with this crap!

David40

Could be caused by ANY software that modifies the security on your computer. Personally I would not have done a system restore. You should check with the Casmate people to see if anyone else is having trouble, and if they have a fix.

CS-SignSupply

Close all programs, search the computer for the following file and delete it... reboot and try again.

Either:
casmate.ini
caswin.ini

This is a preferences file that is generated upon Casmate boot, or used each time it boots. Deleting it will basically reset the software to default and may cause the fonts to reload different.

Are the fonts being seen in other programs? What version of Windows?