• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Steve C.

Wow! Best movie I've seen since Transformers I. I've never been a fan of
3D movies but this one was very well done. If you haven't seen it, Do so.
If you have seen it, What did you think?

Charlie J

I really didn't like any of the transformer movies. I think they get carried away with the 3d effects and then I get bored.

Haven't seen avatar but I've heard it was really good.

jayhawksigns

Awesome movie, and I am tempted to go and see it at the theaters again.

Avatar is probably going to be the reason I finally get a blu-ray player. Just hope that they get the 3D spec for the players hammered out soon.

Joe Diaz

I saw it on my birthday with my family & we all loved it. If you go see this movie, you have to see it in 3D, it will blow your mind.

phototec

Adobe software was used throughout the production of the film

Being a graphic designer for over 25 years and using Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator since the late 80's, I was blown away by the visual graphics (CGI) in this movie, it is by far one of the best movies I have ever seen on the big screen. Just as James Cameron did making Titanic, he did not take any shortcuts, and spent another 400 million making this film. The CGI and live images are mated seamlessly and you can't tell what's real or CGI, even though you know most of what you see does not exist in real life.

I think anyone who is into graphics and the digital arts, should see the film and see what you can do with high speed computers and the software available today. Here is a link to a video featuring Jon Landau, Producer of "Avatar", describing how Adobe software was used throughout the production of the film.

http://tv.adobe.com/watch/customer-stories-video-film-and-audio/adobe-and-avatar/

Truly one of the BEST films I have even seen!

David Wright

As others have said elsewhere, the story is not new or the villains, Dances with Wolves comes to mind.
It is visually and conceptually an excellent movie with a fully realized alien world.

OldPaint

i agree with david, DANCES WITH WOLVES...........was the 1st thing i connected to the movie. only differance was it was set in the 25th CENTURY...........and the white mans greed and use of force to eliminate any indigenous race that wont conform..............was still evident!!!!!
also a lot of EASTERN PHILOSOPHY, of the connection of a worlds people, to their "mother earth" and all of its creatures.
AWESOME EFFECTS...........i do want to see it in 3D!!!!!!!!!

Pat Whatley

First off, once again OP is wrong. The movie is set in the year 2154, they only show that about 20 times during the movie. That's not the 25th century but none of the really matters, the world ends in 2012 anyway.

Just got back from seeing it. The story is one you've seen 1000 times (think souped up Ferngully) and there are blatant messages in it but....

the 3D effects are awesome! Visually it's a stunning flick and well worth the watch in 3D. I think I'd have fallen asleep if we saw the 2D version.

I'm really tempted to go see the IMAX version of it now.

Steve C.

Mankind and capitalism are the villian. Tree huggers are the victoms....
Forget the politics. It's a great movie.

rjpjr

so...

It's 1995 and James Cameron writes the outline of Avatar...

After realizing that the technology does not exist to produce the film according to his high standards, he shelves the project until 2006 when the technology finally catches up...

A little more than three years later and an estimated 300 million dollars, the film is released.

PAPYRUS?????

PAPYRUS?????

All that time, money and technology and they use PAPYRUS for the films subtitles! :ROFLMAO:

PAPYRUS!!! :doh:

Just kidding... although I wonder how many typeface junkies were squirming in their seats the whole movie long?!

I saw it in 3D and it was pretty cool. The story is OK, the politics predictable, but the visual eye candy was outstanding. Glad I saw it on the big screen.