• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Average Square foot pricing for vehicle wraps

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
Gino,
Incorrect. I never said the reason to know competitors pricing was for the purpose of underbidding them.
However I said knowing allows you to outbid in the scenario discussed above, when it makes sense.
My point of learning what your competition was charging for "similar products" was to understand what your local market rates are, and where you stand in that market, thus empowering you with knowledge, allowing you to make more money if there is more to be made.
It's a pretty basic business practice.

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
Contrary to what most of these folks are saying...there are wraps you can figure by the sq.ft.
Trailers, walls, etc. Flat surfaces are often figured by the sq.ft.

CanuckSigns

Here's one for ya..... earlier this week I went to see a potential client. They need quite a bit of work and I'd like the job. While there, I saw a sign for a competitors business and said to the people, does he do any of your work ?? Yep, he does quite a bit and it's just what we want. Well, that's because he farms almost everything to us and we do his work. He's just a middleman. They looked at each other and grinned while I told them.... guess I'm gonna have better prices than him.

I know he's practically doubling my costs to him, so I'm gonna get more than I normally do from him and still be less and come out looking good.

I'm sorry this is just a d**k move no matter how you justify it! You don't out your wholesale customers to their clients like that. We do quite a bit of "to the trade" work for other local shops, and i've been in your exact position where i've seen work we have wholesaled at a clients location and I would NEVER do what you did!

31legen

normal

This is a common practice in every sort of industry. Do you guys ever wonder how the labor rates to have anything serviced has gone sky high but the minimum waige is still mediocre?

biggmann

I get at least one or two phone calls a day with people asking me what it cost to wrap a vehicle and I tell them there is no set price or set square foot price. We know what we must charge (markup) to pay the bills, keep the lights on and pay the wages (because we dont want to work for free). So we have the price of the film cost printed and laminated but the application cost changes with each vehicle, is it flat like a box truck or is there moldings to deal with, are we wrapping the door handle etc. Its really hard to say it cost $x per square foot because there are so many variables. I will say and I often tell this to potential customers, we are not the cheapest in town, I know there are places that will do it for less but what quality film do they use, we use high quality film and our installers are well trained and most importantly we stand behind our work if there ever is a problem and that to me is worth more.