• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

avery chrome

signrios

anyone ever used this product?

avery 1847s chrome mirror 1 mil.

good or bad?

will be used for outdoors

thanks

jfiscus

Rap Master
We wrapped the tailgate on the owner's truck here at the shop over a year ago, and it still looks good as new. The installer said it was real funky.
We also printed on it and laminated it prior to install.

petepaz

i have some avery vinyls i use with no problem. i think the big problem was years back with some reflective material but either way use what you are comfortable with.
i have never used the chrome but you should check out some install videos on line with the chrome. they show some techniques that help while installing chrome material so you don't screw up the finish.
heating and stretching techniques. from what i saw you can't tackle it like regular wrapping vinyl

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
anyone ever used this product?

avery 1847s chrome mirror 1 mil.

good or bad?

will be used for outdoors

thanks

Yes, it's not installed quite the same as regular though. You need extra hands and gentle heat, lots.
Wrinkles don't come out and neither do creases. Lifting it back up can cause creases.
Using a soft squeegee wet or laminate it before installing is a good idea...to prevent scratching.
Overstretching will change the color to white easily. But compared to a lot of the other "cheap" asian chrome vinyls, it's WAY better.
I tried to save money ordering some on ebay...useless. Won't even stick to a flat surface...curls, a joke.
Wrapping a VW Bug Fender took 3 of us...and we were nervous the whole time due to the cost of the material if we messed up.
Manufacturer doesn't warranty wraps with it...it's meant for "highlights" etc.
Looks awesome though...and if you charge enough for the job, and don't burn through your materials, you can get a premium for it since it's still a novelty for sure.