• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Avery Etchmark??

fine point

Hi all.

We often get a request for "frosted vinyl" and we use Avery Ethcmark. We do not like working with it but it does the job, and I don't seem to find any "frosted" look vinyl other than Etchmark (or Vector dusted crystal).

However I have seen more than several occasions this much thicker frosted vinyl on windows. It maybe not even "vinyl" but it looks like frosted vinyl but it's definitely much thicker than regular vinyl and looks more rigid.

Does any of you know what it is or where to find one? I don't like how Etchmark is soft and stretchy.

Thanks!

FP

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
We only use Oracal 8510 Silver Grey. It is a little thicker than others, and is very forgiving when installing. Large graphics we use rapid tac, any small stuff you can do dry with no issues.

yes there are tons, 3m has a bunch, Llumar, Element, Solyx.

Avery Frost Vinyl is easy to cut and install compared to "thick brittle" Films. i deal with cut film all the time.

3M Dusted & Frosted is like "Vinyl"

3M Milano and San Marino are "Films"

Marlene

Hi all.

We often get a request for "frosted vinyl" and we use Avery Ethcmark. We do not like working with it but it does the job, and I don't seem to find any "frosted" look vinyl other than Etchmark (or Vector dusted crystal).

However I have seen more than several occasions this much thicker frosted vinyl on windows. It maybe not even "vinyl" but it looks like frosted vinyl but it's definitely much thicker than regular vinyl and looks more rigid.

Does any of you know what it is or where to find one? I don't like how Etchmark is soft and stretchy.

Thanks!

FP

I would love soft and stretchy so maybe what you need is the 3M dusted crystal as it isn't and I hate that. does your have a sparkle to it so it looks etched or is it frosted? I've found the etched/sparkled more soft and not as stiff

Marlene,

Dusted is about the same as Avery Etch, little thicker, stetchy, about the same to install, both can tear easy if your not careful,

"Films" wont tear, but can crease and you will never get it out.

fine point

Thanks guys!
We rarely use 3M and I didn't think about them.

I might give a shot at 3M film. This new job, there is not cutting involved, just covering 40"x90" window and working with stiffer film will be much easier, or I hope.

Thanks!

FP

petepaz

mactac has a couple of decent options for etched vinyl also and they are bubble free (not cheap but pretty good results)

yeah i do all the time,

if you havnt installed "window films" there is a learning curve to them (the feel and install different)

I can sell you 8 ft of Element white matte frost.....same as Solyx White Frost, Llumar PS2, 3M Milano

this is a different look then a "grey Etch frost" like the Avery Etch