• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Avery Vinyl by the Yard?

rdm01

Where can you find Avery vinyl by the yard. I only need 1-2, but everyone is requiring 10-50 yards!

Thank you!

rdm01

Called this morning, they said only 10 yard increments. I'll follow up to see if something has changed.

fresh

if you spend an hour searching for a by the yard piece, you might as well have just bought the whole 10 yd roll (cost of your time vs. cost of whole roll). when my clients request a special color, I make sure to include the total cost of the roll, even if they only need a small piece of it. especially if its not a color I see us using in the future.

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
if you spend an hour searching for a by the yard piece, you might as well have just bought the whole 10 yd roll (cost of your time vs. cost of whole roll). when my clients request a special color, I make sure to include the total cost of the roll, even if they only need a small piece of it. especially if its not a color I see us using in the future.
^^^This. In my area, Reece and Fellers are the only local options for "by the yard" orders. If they tell me it's a special order and 10 yards is the minimum, then the customer either pays for the 10 yards, choose something more readily available, or go elsewhere. Time is almost always more valuable than material.

NateF

Doesn't look like I'm anywhere close to you, but I have a local vendor who still sells Avery by the yard. Premium Sign Supplies in Telford, PA. If you're not in a big rush, it shouldn't cost much more than 10 bucks for them to ship it out to you via UPS. Worth a phone call if you can't find it anywhere else.

T_K

when my clients request a special color, I make sure to include the total cost of the roll, even if they only need a small piece of it. especially if its not a color I see us using in the future.

I've used this pricing method in the past. With some clients, I've also told them it's a specialty product that we don't normally carry, so we'll charge them for the roll and they keep the extra. With some customers this gives a value-added factor to the sale, since they can have us cut THEIR vinyl that we supplied for another project. This is especially useful if I don't want the specialty vinyl cluttering up my shop.

But either way, you shouldn't go in the hole for a specialty order. Make sure you cover your costs and the customer is happy.