• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Awful wrap.

ikarasu

We had a customer insist we wrap over the decals. Told her we could remove them and put themback on... But no, she insisted. She was the same type of person who insisted on watching us wrap her vehicle too...for some reason the bosses told her it was fine. Slowed us down a lot answering her questions, and we were of course unable to remove the decal since she saw us doing it

It's the one time a vehicle left the shop, where I told my buddy in a month or two it's going to look like crap, and it's a job I wish I could have refused.

The best is where you see a wrap out in the wild with streaks of ruat around the edges. A lot of time the wrap looks perfect... But you know whoever did it cut through clear coat, paint, and into the steel of the car... And as soon as that decal comes off, the owners going to see 20 knife marks.

707Work.com

Thats not a wrap, its a dunk in the plasti dip tank! Come on you guys you can plainly see that no one would wrap that bad....Its just a new business in the plasti dip dunking...

Muhjahahahahahah

Pat Whatley

Sign guy: "We are going to remove the badges from the back of the car because the vinyl will fail if we wrap over them. We'll save the lettering and give it back to you so when you remove the wrap it can be reinstalled."
Customer: "You're going to take parts off the car? We don't like that idea. It's a leased car and the dealer won't like that. Can you wrap over them?"
Sign guy: "No, we can't wrap over them. Your only other option is for us to cut around them so the vinyl doesn't go over them. You'll see a rectangle of the car's color around the letters."
Customer: "No, we're wrapping it so we don't see any of the original color. Let's just wrap over them."
Sign guy: "It won't stick. We've done it before and the vinyl failed after a few months."
Customer: "So you've done it before and you're not willing to do it for us. Stephanie in accounting's husband seen cars all over the place with wraps that still have the emblems showing. He's a truck driver, he sees cars all over the place. If your shop doesn't have the skills to wrap over emblems can you refer us to one that can?"
Sign guy: "No, sorry, you'll just have to call around."

TWO WEEKS LATER:
Customer: "Hey, we're bringing the car in to get wrapped because everyone else's price was higher. We're just going to wrap over the emblems this time."
Sign guy: "Whatever, bring a check with you."

MikePro

woof. she's a piece of work alright.
wasted time&effort wrapping the emblems, and around tail lights, when it is so easy to remove & replace them.
Looks like they also didn't bother opening the rear door to wrap the sides either. I'd hate to see what the front-end looks like.