• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

axyz vs. multicam

artbot

think ours (don't know the specifics) is a 5x10 with a magnetic collet. vacuum hold down and chip/dust removal, and "air-coolant" for cutting metal (not sure if we will prefer this over liquid coolant. it will definitely be cleaner for cutting printed heavy aluminum. $31k

he said it was a very heavy machine. a bit slower than the multi-cam he currently works on but in that price range we were looking at very old multicams/axyz etc.

so now we have a "chinese" CET, and a chinese cnc router, aaaand a chinese dx5 (jv33 knock off) and will probably get a chinese diamond acrylic edge polisher in the next few months.

particleman

Have you considered the Gerber m3000? We didn't need just a router so much as a versatile machine. The turbo version has a 1kw router vs the weaker router on the version we used. It was one of the most trouble free machines we had.

Salmoneye

That is awesome! In your research of some of the Chinese Machines what are your thoughts on the less expensive models like jcut (I think it's called) etc... or a more expensive but made in usa shopbot?

artbot

from what i remember about the shop sabre is it had a screw drive (right term?) x on it and by really bearing down through material, this had some torsion issues. my cnc guy heard that and wanted to know he could really grind out parts through heavy material.

so he sought out the most heavy (over built) accurate low maintenance machine he could get. i wish it was bigger. they have a 2000 x 3000 model but it wasn't in stock in the states. we've waited so long getting into the new building we could have ordered a massive one instead. (the new building is 33,000 SF! that's a big jump from my garage, house, and back yard tent)

DSC

We have a 2004 MultiCam Mg series 5' x 12' table with a 8 tool changer.. I keep the changer full from a 3/8 up-cut to a 16th with conics and engravers from 1 through 8 keep the tool changer loaded and production is fast .. set up templates for materials with the tools in the holders etc.. Enroute Software - I am looking into Vetric though as well ..
Love the Mutli Cam - it is a powerhouse and a workhorse. you can probably find a similar machine pretty easily for around 55k in good condition, maybe even find these in auctions now.. for less maybe? I've seen them .. I bought mine for almost nothing and put about 35k into it .. including peripherals .. best decision we ever made. I don't know about axyz but I imagine they are a good machine as well..