• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

B2Sign.com?

TXFB.INS

I just gotta say, I wouldn't even think of chancing it anymore. Signs2Trade is my go to for printing. I wish they'd have adhesive vinyl available, but I use them for banners pretty much non stop. Anything over 4' X 4', I don't even mess with in house anymore. By the time I hem and grommet it, it's not worth it to NOT have them do it.

+1

use them for most all banners. only in house for rush jobs

Use B2Sign if a sewn hem is needed, have seen banding in their prints nothing major but there all the same. Most notable on blacks

nate

For anyone in the western side of the US, we'd be glad to take care of you-- (Easterners too, just a couple of days out on shipping). We're no more than a two day ship from most places out here. Contact Shaila, Bryan, Ricky or Meg at Visible Marketing 801-483-9465 or sales@vmutah.com. Make sure you mention you saw this on Signs101 to get Signs101 pricing.

Most projects are next day turnaround. Banner, Dye Sublimation and Adhesive Vinyl are our specialties, printing up 126" wide on both banner and dye sublimation materials and 60" on adhesive vinyl.

Thanks for looking.

TresL

I've used B2 several times with no issues, Great turn around & prices.

Drop ship works well also.

KevSign

B2Sign will make print market very soon just like offset printing - Digging the trash to print Business card!!!
They are hungry and will go to public with cheap prices.

KevSign

B2Sign Cheap not only Wholesale but to public too.

Info below that B2Sign cheap in public with other name:

Reason to know they listing to sell machine on ebay under Sign4X but video link under B2Sign

[video=youtube;v1ovl85qivc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1ovl85qivc&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Their Ebay store or maybe more other name Cheap to public
http://stores.ebay.com/sign4x?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

My client ask me match their price. I told them I am not Asian cheap shop screw up market - We are Made in USA not Chinese cheap in USA.

Last edited by a moderator:

Typestries

You know, I don't get this industry at all, even after 18 years. Simply put, this debate arises time and time again about wholesalers selling to the retail public.

I have been VERY transparent about the fact that we have a TINY retail component that covers our town and my small island I call home—that's less than 20% of our gross sales. No big ecommerce web presence at near wholesale prices, no amazon, no ebay, etc. I routinely send retail jobs that find us to our wholesale clients.

Some of our wholesalers on the site have these grand web presences selling dirt cheap to the public, competing against their very own wholesale customers. All I'm suggesting is a bit of transparency goes a long way.

For example-
Merritt handles "retail" jobs that 90% of us could not anyway. He has been very clear about the nature of his business.
Wyldgfi does not even have a sign out front, and his door is locked.
365 has a testimonial "you made our wedding special" or something like that.....sounds "wholesale" to me
B2 as stated above sells cheap on fleabay and other sites
Signs2trade sells cheap through esigns but has never tried to hide that
that other company in texas has a huge retail ecommerce presence yet uses a florida address for "wholesale" and ecommerce web development for sign shops
The list goes on and on......

Guess what I'm getting at is, caveat emptor—get to know your wholesale supplier, their strengths, weaknesses, and if need be possible threats to YOUR bottom line. We can ALL benefit from outsourcing, no matter what side of the equation we are on. It's utilizing your outsource resources wisely that makes all of the difference.

Here's to profitable signmaking for us all.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
B2Sign will make print market very soon just like offset printing - Digging the trash to print Business card!!!
They are hungry and will go to public with cheap prices.
Thats the problem with many "wholesale" companies coming online lately. They are hungry and offering cheap prices to the public that you as a sign maker just get disgusted at. We stick to our guns and offer wholesale ONLY for ONLY resellers. If someone walks in or calls, we refer them to someone locally or who is in that region that they are calling from.

Rick....your above post Nailed it on the head and then some.

We take care of the people who send us work with referrals... as Typestries and a lot of local clients of ours can attest to.

ironchef

Agreed, i got a local wholesale shop selling to the public, and the trucks they use for our big installs have their name and number on the truck. Fml

supersignmart

I agree 100%, there are so many companies that will sell to both sides. It amazes me everytime I look at a "wholesale only" website and see their prices posted for the world to see. Your wholesale company shouldn't advertise their business locally and shouldn't have a sign on their building. This is something I deal with everyday.
We have never had a sign on our building and never will.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
I agree 100%, there are so many companies that will sell to both sides. It amazes me everytime I look at a "wholesale only" website and see their prices posted for the world to see. Your wholesale company shouldn't advertise their business locally and shouldn't have a sign on their building. This is something I deal with everyday.
We have never had a sign on our building and never will.
We have a sign on our building...just for ease of finding us. We do get walk ins as a result, but as I stated earlier in the posting...I refer them to local places that are Full Service retail that I do work for already. Wholesale only websites...thats a joke.

supersignmart

I agree wholesale only websites are a joke, I'll apologize about the sign on the building, I am located in a small town. If we had a sign that had any reference to a sign company we would be getting tons of walk ins and that isn't something I want to deal with. We are however are listed in the yellow pages only because we are a business (I don't pay anything for this, have tried to get out of the yellow pages, but can't) and get several calls a week, but refer them to our customers that are closest to or who can do the job for them. I never ever want another retail customer as long as I am in business!
It's just sad that there are so many companies that say they are wholesale only, but will go after the retail business too!
When I chose to go wholesale, I made a lot of my retail customers mad, but thought if I was gonna be true to myself and my wholesale customers I couldn't and won't sell retail.
If my kid's need a sign for school or have an event at church I outsource it to a local retail shop, and pay them to do it.
The way we are set up, for us to do any artwork it just throws our whole day off.
Wholesale only!!!! Absolutely no retail or anything close to it!

We have a sign on our building...just for ease of finding us. We do get walk ins as a result, but as I stated earlier in the posting...I refer them to local places that are Full Service retail that I do work for already. Wholesale only websites...thats a joke.

Help me understand this thought process and strategy of being Wholesale only. Why on gods green earth would you pass up an end user or retail client at huge profit margin projects? Your business cannot grow fast pace without the mix of the two. The danger lies when so called wholesale only shops begin to sell to end users at the same pricing structure as wholesale client base which is very unethical and lacks any sign of integrity to the wholesale market segment they work with. I think the sang goes "we cannot live on bread alone".

Not sure why anyone that is in business to make a profit would turn away higher margin work. Makes no sense to me.

Also cannot see how any shop unless you are fully automated graphics factory can survive at 100% low margin work. Even with 24/7 capacity you need to feed the infrastructure which requires capital investments, labor costs and a commitment to technology advances to be able to pump out production better faster and cheaper.

Bottom line is if you boast being a "wholesale only" do not offer those prices to any client that is not from the trade you service that is just poor business practice.

skyhigh

Bottom line is if you boast being a "wholesale only" do not offer those prices to any client that is not from the trade you service that is just poor business practice.

Mike, there is absolutely no "Wholesale Only" printing companies. Those who say there are, are only attempting to appease the majority of viewers typically found on a sign forum.

In my 20+ years in this business, I have found only ONE "wholesale only" company that services the sign industry.

Speaking about the "majority of viewers", I stand corrected......This thread is being viewed by one member (me) and 5 visitors. A win/win for you.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
Help me understand this thought process and strategy of being Wholesale only. Why on gods green earth would you pass up an end user or retail client at huge profit margin projects? Your business cannot grow fast pace without the mix of the two. The danger lies when so called wholesale only shops begin to sell to end users at the same pricing structure as wholesale client base which is very unethical and lacks any sign of integrity to the wholesale market segment they work with. I think the sang goes "we cannot live on bread alone".

Not sure why anyone that is in business to make a profit would turn away higher margin work. Makes no sense to me.

Also cannot see how any shop unless you are fully automated graphics factory can survive at 100% low margin work. Even with 24/7 capacity you need to feed the infrastructure which requires capital investments, labor costs and a commitment to technology advances to be able to pump out production better faster and cheaper.

I agree Mike...it is HIGHLY unethical for a wholesale only to sell to end users at the same pricing or considerably lower than what their presumed Client base would sell for.

As for higher margin work...the only way I would have to say Bye Bye to it is if it was a client's client contacting me directly for it. It has happened...and the 2nd phone call was directly to my client stating the same. I think its this fact that for one, has helped me personally win hearts with my best clients. Secondly, I do have some ethics in this business...like you, like Rick...and stand behind my clients and the work we do here.

Typestries

Well stated Mike. It's terribly difficult (read impossible) to make a low margin wholesale operation work long term-eg be sustainable in terms of employees, equipment upgrades, facility, etc. It's when the line is crossed—and the retail prices of the "wholesale" shop become at or below what the retail shops they sell to are reselling for and what the retail market advertising value truly is.

You want to come in and order lawn signs-they are $19.99 each 10 minumum. Plain and simple. My wholesale clients sell them for $15 each or lower. Banners are $5-$7, same thing-we have wholesale clients happy at selling for $4. Our retail is tiny in the grand scheme of things, but I'll be dammed if I'll EVER sell retail at wholesale prices. People even try to dupe us—we check very carefully. Only a few times have non sign retail clients made it through and once realized they were cut off. Both of those instances originated from this forum—hence the importance of protecting our prices in the public searchable side of the site. And both of them also purchase from a well know east coast sign distributor, so they convinced them that they are "sign shops" as well.

I vehemently stand behind protecting my wholesale clients. Always have and always will.

Steve C.

Why do you need a gym to put grommets in? It's 12 ft. high, right. One end will
be exposed naturally when you receive it. Put grommets in that end, roll
it up the opposite direction, put groments in that end. You only need 12 feet
to do it.??? I don't see a problem. Surely you have 12 ft. of table or floor space.