Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Baby, it's cold outside!

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by Marlene, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Marlene

Marlene Major Contributor

Jun 8, 2004
    Vermont
    it was -31 this morning at my house. the sun is out now but it is only -17 here at work. feels like a heat wave after this morning. we have ice on our metal roof at home. the ice contracted at a different rate than the roof, according to Mr Wizard, my hubby, which caused a couple of really loud booms like a bombs going off last night and again this morning. it shook the whole house.

Tags:
  2. Jet Fast Printing

Jet Fast Printing Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Yeah we had the cold snap last week (Northern Illinois) Bundle up and try to keep warm!

3. showcase 66

showcase 66 Very Active Member

Sep 23, 2010
    And I was complaining about it being 25 degrees when I woke up.

4. Mike Paul

Mike Paul Major Contributor

Dec 30, 2003
    NJ
    I thought -7 was bad this morning. -31 damn!

5. Baz

Baz Very Active Member

-25c here and it is noon! brrrrrr ... it's not just cold ... it's damn cold! Cracked my truck's windshield with the heater this morning also ... was supposed to go to a few places today to do some work but ... forget it ... i'm not going out .. staying in the shop drinking coffee with the heat on full blast!

6. iSign

iSign Major Contributor

Nov 29, 2003
    Kahului, Maui
    I feel your pain...

7. Bigdawg

Bigdawg Just Me

Jun 8, 2005
    Sunny Florida
    yeah... just like I do :tongue:

8. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    It was like 1 degree this morning. Big deal, 1 frickin' degree. Below 10 it should just say 'frickin' cold'. Stay the F**K inside you moron. :cool1:

Cracked my windshield the other night on the way home. ​

9. WildWestDesigns

WildWestDesigns Major Contributor

Sep 27, 2010

That and seeing snow flurries. This snow needs to stop my blood is too thin for this yankee weather.

10. Marlene

Jun 8, 2004
    Vermont
    that's around -13 or -14F?? cold

-31 at my house and driving in, one town down the road that is always colder was at -34. everything was stiff and brittle. didn't crack the windshield but the roof/ice thing was enough for me. it is going way up to 20 on Tuesday, yippie!

11. Baz

Baz Very Active Member

Yeah .. -25c is -13F ... This morning was -30c which is -23F. Must be warmer here since i am in the city :ROFLMAO: Just walking on the snow and hearing it crunch gives me shivers ... brrrr ... granted if i was outside doing an install i would be dressed accordingly.

12. cha88

cha88 Member

May 14, 2010
    Watertown
    we had the same thing last night!!! they said -36F overnight but it was -22F this morning in my car! good times!

13. Marlene

Jun 8, 2004
    Vermont
    good times for sure! my family settled here some time in the 1700's. you would think that one generation of we pinheads would have moved to warmer places by now!

14. Rodi

Rodi Very Active Member

Aug 3, 2007
    Good ole New England Winters.

My car never warmed up during the half an hour commute.

WOW.

Global Warming, anyone??

Just sayin

15. Baz

Baz Very Active Member

Well ... just found out the water line is frozen somewhere in the building cuz i have no water .. Some parts of it are not heated ... And the landlord is gone for the week in Mexico ... Happy Happy Joy Joy!

16. Marlene

Jun 8, 2004
    Vermont
    the warming melts the ice, the ice mixes with sea water, fresh water and sea water act differently so the warm water/cold water exchange that goes on in the ocean gets messed up and the warm doesn't make it up where it used to. that's global warming. most think it means we will get really hot, not so, we will get really cold in parts of the world that weren't so cold. if I thought hair spray would get VT up into the 40's during the winter, I would look like a Texas beauty queen with a pile of it sprayed on everyday.

17. shakey0818

shakey0818 Active Member

Aug 12, 2010
    :thumb: next year im not gonna think twice about taking the winter off.I am gonna hibernate.

18. MikePro

MikePro Major Contributor

Feb 3, 2010
    Racine, WI
    Center, level, tape, hinge, apply, "almost done!", peel off mask aaaand rrrrRIP!
    ... off to recut graphics! Happy Monday!

Luckily I'm close to the shop anyways!

19. jiarby

jiarby Major Contributor

Feb 11, 2007
    Imma gonna play golf today, but not sure which shorts to wear.

Attached Files:

20. skyhigh

skyhigh Major Contributor

Jun 16, 2005
    PA
    I hate you.
    .just kidding

I'd love to play that course.

Think of me every time you double bogey. Yeah, I jinxed ya.