• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Baby, it's cold outside!

skyhigh

Well ... just found out the water line is frozen somewhere in the building cuz i have no water .. Some parts of it are not heated ... And the landlord is gone for the week in Mexico ... Happy Happy Joy Joy!

Baz buddy, you better find that frozen section (along with your heat gun), before the pipe decides to split.

Then leave the water trickle until you get some electric pipe wrap.....ohhhh why am I telling you. :ROFLMAO: You know the drill, living where you do.

BTW, it was only -6F here this morning.

Baz

Baz buddy, you better find that frozen section (along with your heat gun), before the pipe decides to split.

Then leave the water trickle until you get some electric pipe wrap.....ohhhh why am I telling you. :ROFLMAO: You know the drill, living where you do.

BTW, it was only -6F here this morning.

This is an old building so there is a huge mish mash of wires and pipes. I think the pipe is frozen in the common washroom next to my unit (i have no washroom in mine .. just a sink) and my sink feeds off of that washroom.I think i found the line that feeds the water to it in my unit which has a shutoff valve. So i closed it off .... Hope that will prevent anything from happening once the line thaws. Still, with the landlord gone .. i have no water in the shop this week...

signage

Baz if it warms up before he comes back you wil have more water than you want:ROFLMAO: or can use:omg::frustrated::clapping::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Si Allen

Marlene ... My sympathies!

I grew up in Burlington, my wife in Hyde park. We knew that there were better places to live, other than Vermont.

So..........

We moved to Sunny So. California 48 years ago where it is a sunny 71°F right now!

When I was talking to my brother last evening (he lives a long stone's throw from your shop) and it was already -7° at his house!

Yes! I am wearing shorts right now ... NOT speedos like Old Paint wears!

:tongue:

jiarby

brrrr... just finished 9 holes. It is 68°, but the wind chill makes it feel like 67°. Time for some hot chocolate.

Marlene

Marlene ... My sympathies!

I grew up in Burlington, my wife in Hyde park.

Hyde Park? your wife sure knew cold as it's always colder in the boonies. I grew up in so. Burlington then moved to Enosburg. some how, I totally missed that fact that Enosburg is one of the colder spots in the state. it also is close enough to Jay Peak to get in on the "largest natural snow fall" that Jay Peak brags about.

it was a toasty zero this morning so it felt like a heat wave.

Baz

Update on water situation ..... Well, it's nice and mild today and i had a feeling that the water would be either running again or we would find out if there was a busted pipe. Answer: Busted pipe! .. Not in my shop, not in the adjoining washroom ... but in my landlord's unit! I can see water coming out from under his garage door. Now he's in Mexico until this Saturday and i tried calling him and all i get is his voicemail. Texted him so ... I hope he calls me back soon ...

Ken

Mamby Pamby..Wimpy Simpy..
Just ask my wife how cold it is in our bedroom...JK
OK..so this next bit is real ( as in TRUE).....
You hop into your pickup truck...and it feels like you just sat down on concrete. You put the floor shift lever into neutral...and it breaks off at the floor. You have the shift lever in your hand.
The ravens that are still alive are huddled together in a "murder" .
And then..when you finally get a vehicle( any vehicle) running...you head out to the middle of the MacKenzie River (NWT) and it is minus 52...I guess I should mention that the wind was blowing sideways..AND................ it is dark at 2 o'clock in the afternoon.
The whole concept was that Exxon was punching holes in the ground to suck the last little bit of oil they could get. Only 2 people died that winter on the jobsite.(1983)
My task was to bring water to the oil rig. The water came from the MacKenzie River. and, I am not kidding, the ice was 8 feet thick. It's one of those..where you can laugh about it now..some 30 years later. Not laughing about those fatalities.
You Florida people may want to move to higher ground.....
Cheers!
Ken

Ken

I dunno...my earlier post went missing...I was just commenting on people who die in cold weather. It's real. I've seen this. If you find someone shivering in the dark...or in daylight..have a heart...with love...
Ken