• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Back Door Wrap thoughts??

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Right on! Thank you everyone for the criticism and suggestions! Some more helpful than others but please quit the "high school bully" attitude, especially to others trying to give solid input.

**If you say something looks like a "hot mess" I will never take you seriously. I could care less what your status on this site is, you'll always be a 12 yr old girl to me. Sorry if so blunt.

I didn't get involved with this site to hear all the cool kids talk nonsense on the newbies weak designs. I got involved with this site to hear all the cool kids give solid, helpful suggestions on the newbies weak designs!! :smile:

I have no idea of whom is bullying you or not, nor do I care, but sometimes to better oneself, you must take the good with the bad, pull from it what you want and digest the information which you find useful and make it yours. Perhaps, if you choose the wrong information, you won't get any better, but asking for help, THEN telling people how you want the message delivered ..... while it isn't bullying, it IS looking a gift horse in the mouth.

When did the kids in school start telling the teachers how to teach and what tone they may use in their voice ??

I changed my mind. Talk about bullying...... If someone uses certain terminology, you won't take them serious ?? Is that some kind of threat ?? Is that really someone in your shoes telling well seasoned designers how to talk to you ?? I mean.... really ??

I was indeed trying to help..... perhaps you didn't think so, but I didn't see a negative remark here like some people receive from these kinda requests.

thesignguy1986

This is my 2c. I consider this more vinyl lettering myself but simple and with a dark blue background instead of that light blue. Simple just gets your logo and info out there. Also maybe try deducting some of the items if its not overly important like vacuuming? If that's not a huge part of his deal I wouldn't even list it. Try to clean it up a little make it easier to read. I drew this sample up in 5-7 minutes on flexi. Again nothing special but much more visible to read imo. Also somewhat similar to Jills. Nor did I read through all the comment either to much bickering regardless I hope you have found what your looking for

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 92

Stanton

We're gonna need a bigger van.

If it looks like it was done quickly on a computer, well...

The red copy at the top in unreadable.
Nobody is going to scan down to, "christmas lights" ?
Or, bother with the phone number that appears to be an afterthought.

There is an art to guiding your customer into what they NEED.

(logo) Co. Name
5 word tag line
Phone #

Ancillary graphics and stuff if it supports the above. ^^^

Plenty of room for artistic presentation and supporting design.

The key is 'love it at a glance'.
You have all seen one's you remember and one's you laugh at.

This is not a static ad. It is a "LOOK AT ME !" for a moment, and remember me later,
... when you need Christmas lights.

charliet

I'm in the back of the class raising my hand!!!

Aaaahh!! I'm new to this forum deal and not sure how to do the quotes correctly, but yes, you all have been helpful! I promise I'm not as bitter as I come off.

This has been highly entertaining and informative, once again, thank you for the helpful knowledge.

charliet

This is not a static ad. It is a "LOOK AT ME !" for a moment, and remember me later,
... when you need Christmas lights.

HAHAHa Right on the money! Yeah, Most definitely going to try and minimize this as much as possible. Thanks for the input!

Stanton

HAHAHa Right on the money! Yeah, Most definitely going to try and minimize this as much as possible. Thanks for the input!

A pink van with a big a** orchid is a florist, a white van with a pipe graphic is a plumber.

Don't reinvent the wheel. Just grease the bearings. That is where your design shines.

AND - TELL YOUR CUSTOMER TO KEEP THEIR VEHICLE CLEAN !!!

Gooo on the mud flaps = Negative Opinion of the Business.

Art is SIMPLE ! (not EZ)

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I like that. :thumb:

It has a fresh feel/sound to it compared to the other stuff we hear around here.

Sometimes, ideas worded ever-so-slightly different, have a better effect on the ear/mind/minds-eye.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
"Back Door Wrap" sounds like an adult entertainment DVD title.

My question is what about the rest of the van?
Is it just the rear doors that will be done?
Seems like setting up the back would be the last thing to design after the sides have been laid out so that everything works together.
If it is just the back I would put more energy into trying talk him into doing the rest of the van over stressing on rear design.
Even the best design is going to look off if it is the only thing done.

wayne k
guam usa

Dakotagrafx

part of why I appreciate this forum is you will never learn from a place that always gives you pats on the back for doing mediocre work - if you learn from those operating at a higher level you will improve your skills - example my daughters basketball team was whooping every other team in lower michigan for the most part for 2 years with ease - we took them to Indiana to a much higher level game - they got their butts whooped for a few games (they had not experienced that) but within a short time they were much better players and many went on to be the stars of the high school team. If you aren't pushing yourself and getting praise for weak work you don't improve.

A personal thanks to all the old timers that share here - Honesty teaches much more than BS.

charliet

"Back Door Wrap" sounds like an adult entertainment DVD title.
wayne k
guam usa

That's hilarious! He wants his logo and lic # on the sides as well. He wanted a full on wrap when I first talked to him but it didn't fit his budget, being such a huge vehicle. I suggested he just do some simple lettering on the sides to get his name out there. A couple weeks later he contacts me and says he wants to wrap the back end and do the rest later. Which we all know thats not the greatest idea. I'm trying to get him to do the back end only, nice full color logos on the side and call it quits. The vehicle is brand new, so it wouldn't look bad. The owner is a nice guy, just can't make up his mind. He contacted me yesterday and hasn't seen anything yet. Back to the drawing boards tomorrow! I assure you, when it's all said and done, the customer will be happy. Also just for my own dignity I spent more time on the clipping masks for the mock up, than the lay out before I posted that earlier. I honestly just wanted to ask what people thought about American Flag wraps, but the forum suggested I show something to get people talking. Hahaha Oh did that bite me in the ***. :smile:

Enjoy yourself. Good evening.

charliet

What budget did he give you to work with? Is it even doable?

$3000 max. It's a big vehicle, I would have to drop the sq. ft. amount to get even close to that number. Luckily it's a simpler wrap/install, so once we hit production it will move quickly. It's all up to what he wants to spend. We shall see!