• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

back lit sign construction

petepaz

went to inspect a job site i am quoting rplacing some back lit signage and i have done this in the past and i just take apart the frame and slide in the new panel but this time i took apart the sign and it doesn't come apart
seems like it might have been welded or put together when the orig. sign was created and installed
any one ever see something like this

Attachments

• sign sample.jpg
    sign sample.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 76

petepaz

the frame comes off the main sign (main part is the bulbs and stand)
you unscrew 2 screws at the bottom and pull out and then up off the base
once i took the sign holder frame off it has screws in the corners and when i removed them it does nothing(i don't even know why they are there)
there is actually 2 sing blanks as you can see and there is a divider or spacer in the middle going from left to right and i unbolted that and it will move slightly but not enough to remove the blanks
i think i might just have to qoute taking it to the shop to fool with it and then return it

Billct2

for servicing you may back out the top set screws a little then remove two srews on the bottom, or somtimes screw them in if they're set screws then the box hinges on the top edge.
to replace the face you may have to take the whole thing off and take it apart

smdgrfx

That is strange. I'm sure you already tried, but is it possible that there is some sort of sealant holding the edge from coming off after you removed the screws. I've taken some sign faces out that had a really nice rubber compression gasket and I had the same type of feeling. The sign would not come apart after I removed all of the screws.