• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Bad Experience, Print, Laminate, Cut, Help Please

tomence

Since you are taking the vinyl out to laminate and then put it back to be cut, have you printed any registration marks so the printer can read them and then cut whatever it needs to be cut?

kffernandez

i have done painful 4'x12' jobs with the BS. and it does actually work. but my main complaint with the BS is that i can't do rush lamination jobs with it. laminating with the BS needs at least a day or so to eliminate the silvering and expose any actual bubbles.

kelly

JewelSki

Thank you So much everyone for the replies and advise, its really appreciated :)

I am about to press print again on the good vinyl, Its going to take a while its just over 2 meters long, Im actually thinking of Not using any laminate on this one for a few reasons
1, Im not confident I can lay it down good enough by hand and if anything goes wrong I do not have time to order more vinyl, reprint again, outgas, cut, the absolute last minute deadline to have it applied to the cart is tomorrow night (its 1.15 AM here now so way less than24 hours) so cant take the risk
2, customer has said he usually has to get them reprinted every 8 weeks as when they race they smash and get damaged anyway

About cut positions changing in versaworks, I must of clicked get media width or something that made it happen, Im not sure, User error as it was my first print, take out, put back and cut job

I think I should of spent more time learning the machine and making several things (not just one little sticker) before I took on something like this LOL

Oh and I actuall yhave a quote to do now for a mobile coffee truck, logo creation from scratch, both sides of truck, the back and both door, No idea how to quote something like this,, any advise, please?

Ive found a manual cold lamintaor brand new for $200, its 26inches wide, I definetley cant afford thousands right now on a electric one so do you think the manual one would be ok?

Again I really appreciate the help,

xanderortiz

Honestly, if you're lining up your registration marks correctly, it shouldn't matter where the job is aligned in the program. As long as the size of the image hasn't been changed/edited...

SignSpark

I didn't have a chance to read all the replies, so I apologize if this is a duplicate response:

That happened to me once when I reloaded to plot and accidentally told it to read the material width in the set up. When I go return to plot a job on our SolJet, I don't mess with anything in the set up other then the cutting tools.

Another possibility, did you nest a job, un-nest it and then re-nest it?

Hopefully you resolved it!!

CentralSigns

To get perfect results with a Roland VersaCamm don't center your job. Second the machine has to be tuned up or calibrated, the owners documentation shows how to calibrate everything. Third the ink will last 2-3 years without fading if you use genuine Roland product. The big squeege works awesome for small jobs. The air you may be seeing is possibly silvering. Don't try to push these bubbles out they disappear in a few days. Pushing them out makes big bubbles. They are as a result of lack of down force or pressure. Machine lamination provide adequate force to remove these bubbles so to say.