• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

bad, yet stays in business..

Techman

one of the reasons you run into amazingly bad sign persons is because the demand for easy access to fast work for a low cost far outweighs supply. Hence, you can be amazingly bad and still stay in business.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Are we talking talent, materials used [cut corners], craftsmanship, professionalism or just bad breath ??

gabagoo

could this be the sort of business we are talking about? I saw this while eating at an Indian Restaurant on the weekend. Our table had a window that looked into this office concourse and there it was. I asked my wife if she would spend money with a company like this and she didn't clue in immediately, then I told her to read the stuff they printed for themselves. How could you trust them to do 5000 flyers let alone a car magnet with just ridiculous spelling and grammatical errors. I am not sure if you can see the "Canvas Prints" but they spelled canvas as canves... "Package" is spelt packege....unbelievable. I don't care if English is not your mother tongue, you have to spell the most obvious things correctly. Can you imagine all the reprints they must do?

Attachments

• crap.JPG
    crap.JPG
    69.3 KB · Views: 63

ddarlak

Go Bills!
but they spelled canvas as canves... "Package" is spelt packege....unbelievable

i just assumed that was another crazy Canadian version of words, like cheques, colour, and centre...................................................

John Butto

You should be more concerned with the indian restaurant's menu where you were eating. Where is says "curried goat" that translate in their language as "yummy rat".

peavey123

I worked for one for a brief time early in my sign career. I'm convinced it was a front for money laundering. haha

I once witnessed them applying arlon DPF8000 to some guys brand new pick up truck. Striping, logos etc. Myself and a bunch of people have witnessed the owners dad taking a leak ON the front of the shop mid-day. (main street in the town) If that doesn't say "come on in!" I don't know what does?! 3651 on awnings only to fail in a week or two. They had one of those chinese cutters that for wahtever reason would waste 6x more vinyl that it would cut properly. I could go on and on. lol oh they are still in business...15 years I believe?...what the eff?!

gabagoo

i just assumed that was another crazy Canadian version of words, like cheques, colour, and centre...................................................
I have done signs for people up here who call them selves centers and even when I correct them they want it WRONG!!! lol dum azzes

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I don't mind the odd spellings so much, it's the accent I don't understand. :wink: eh ??

Baz

Je le savais très bien Pat. Je voulais simplement participer à la blague moi aussi! :toasting:

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
one of the reasons you run into amazingly bad sign persons is because the demand for easy access to fast work for a low cost far outweighs supply. Hence, you can be amazingly bad and still stay in business.

Service, price, quality....pick any two.

And as for "spelt"...that's an edible grain in our neck of the woods.

JB

boxerbay

those guys are all "one trick ponies" they prey on uninformed buyers and could care less if they returned because they have a new new set of uninformed buyers the next day. they usually set up in a high traffic area where they skim a percentage of traffic and survive off that. not the best business model but it works.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I dunno about you guys. Keep it clean. We might pick up on a word here or there and I think I recognized one in there. :Big Laugh

MichaelAlmand

could this be the sort of business we are talking about? I saw this while eating at an Indian Restaurant on the weekend. Our table had a window that looked into this office concourse and there it was. I asked my wife if she would spend money with a company like this and she didn't clue in immediately, then I told her to read the stuff they printed for themselves. How could you trust them to do 5000 flyers let alone a car magnet with just ridiculous spelling and grammatical errors. I am not sure if you can see the "Canvas Prints" but they spelled canvas as canves... "Package" is spelt packege....unbelievable. I don't care if English is not your mother tongue, you have to spell the most obvious things correctly. Can you imagine all the reprints they must do?

Where was this in MALTON????

heyskull

We have a company nearby that is churning cheap crap out also.
The big problem due to the economic climate and customers being tight is:-
They is are gatting awai wid it oll the tiem.! :smile:

Seems at the moment the only factor is price.
Not quality, Not consistency, Not design or anything that would promote and advertise a business, just cheap crap!

SC

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
I have seen this.... poopie sign design and they are in business for years... it is hard to shop for design, it's even harder if the client has no taste.

The advantage I have is... I can design a nice sign or a poopie sign (and I have because the client insisted on it), the same can not be said for them.

CanuckSigns

I worked for one for a brief time early in my sign career. I'm convinced it was a front for money laundering. haha

I once witnessed them applying arlon DPF8000 to some guys brand new pick up truck. Striping, logos etc. Myself and a bunch of people have witnessed the owners dad taking a leak ON the front of the shop mid-day. (main street in the town) If that doesn't say "come on in!" I don't know what does?! 3651 on awnings only to fail in a week or two. They had one of those chinese cutters that for wahtever reason would waste 6x more vinyl that it would cut properly. I could go on and on. lol oh they are still in business...15 years I believe?...what the eff?!

Lol! We've gone up against him more times than I can count, almost every time we loose the job due to him designing, producing and installing the job for pretty much the cost of the substrate. Oh well some of his clients end up here a few months later when his crap fails.