• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

banding on static cling - urgent advice required

Jase

Help, I'm trying to run a job using ruby red and static cling. I've double printed about 100 metres with no banding issues. I now have to reprint some because of issues with scratches. However everytime I run a solid red I get banding half way through the image now??? I'm printing 300mm x 600mm solid red blocks. I've tried using other colours - kelly green process pink and had no problems. I've also tried this on another Edge and the same thing happens with the ruby red?

I am using an Edge 2 with Omega.

Static Cling is the selected material.

Ruby Red is the selected foil.

Set for double print and set to print at the darkest possible mode.

Tried this on Edge 1 settings and also moved to 600 x 300 with no difference.

Also used different rolls of static cling.

Very confused and quickly runining out of ruby red?

Any advice greatly appreciated as I have no more ideas.

Jase

Thanks for the quick reply. I've tried using the last 3 metres of each foil that was left over from the acceptable prints and I'm getting the same effect, very odd. I've not made any changes at all to the settings. The newly delivered foils have all but been wasted on this :(

petepaz

did you place masking tape on the squeegees on the bail hold down?

i have always found issues printing solid colors on static cling whether it was with my edge or solvent printers.
for the edge putting the masking tape could help. you could also try wiping down the material as it goes through
with a dryer sheet to help reduce the static build up.
best printing on static cling for us is either silk screen or on the uv printer
good luck

Jase

Thanks, yep added the masking tape and tried wiping it down. It only seems to be doing this with the Ruby red. I don;t understand :(

Jase

Update for everyone. Faulty Gerber foils, never had that before. Popped in a Renown foil and no issue. At least it is resolved, phew.