• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Banding or something else? - JV3

speedmedia

Hello all,
My JV3 is printing a bit strange and of course when you print anything photographic or with a lot of details and colors you don't see it as much or hardly. When you print solid colors it looks like crap...

Is this banding or does some sort of alignment need to be performed or parts replaced?

Thanks in advance. It happens pretty much with any material at any speed.It is a bit worse at faster speeds.

Pictures attached.

Thanks,
Kurt

Attachments

• photo_2.jpg
    photo_2.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 70
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 62
  • photo3.jpg
    photo3.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 67

speedmedia

hows the nozzle check print look?

Now that you mention it I did a test print and here is what I found.... Looks sort of weird. The head is not scratched or damaged at all. (Pic attached) Looks like half the cyan head isn't getting ink or something.

Thanks,
Kurt

Attachments

• photo_4.jpg
    photo_4.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 64

artbot

make sure the cap is sitting straight. also put off the cap top and clean underneath it. a pattern like that can be a cap not making good contact. was there any build up on the bottom of the head?

speedmedia

make sure the cap is sitting straight. also put off the cap top and clean underneath it. a pattern like that can be a cap not making good contact. was there any build up on the bottom of the head?

The cap appears to be straight. I also popped it off and cleaned around it but it was pretty clean. No buildup on bottom of head either. This printer is very clean, everytime it prints is gets cleaned which may be overkill but it also prevents issues.

Should I look at the damper next? Are they easy to change myself? I don't really like doing too much tech stuff with this printer unless it is simple.

Thanks,
Kurt

artbot

before you take off any dampers. just cross the cyan lines. left to right/right to left. this is called a damper swap. after doing this, run maybe a normal and then a soft clean. if the issue stays at the same side of the head, your dampers are not to blame. if it follows the damper than you need a new damper or might have a clogged ink line on that side.