• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Banner mounting

Deaton Design

I have to mount a banner on a sheetrock wall, no grommets in the banner, no screws allowed. Double sided tape, etc.?
Any and all advice appreciated.:thankyou:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
How 'bout nails ?? :rolleyes:

Seriously though, if it's a true banner, you need to get some distance on your connections to pull the banner taught, otherwise over time, this thing is going to sag and that's none to pretty lookin'.

Possibly attach it to a PVC of some type frame and adhere that to the wall with some double-sided tape and goop. :smile:
Why not just make it on a more rigid substrate and use glue ??

Deaton Design

He wanted it on banner material. Its for a lawyers office. It will be hanging on his wall. I thought I would ask here before trying something. Id rather mount it straight on the wall if at all possible, so it will lay flat.:thumb:

JR's

Attachments

• 3mhooks.jpg
    3mhooks.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 104

jbogart

You could try something we've done with fabric banners - glue or double-sided tape some 3mm PVC strips to the wall around the perimeter of the banner. Apply hook velcro to the PVC and loop velcro to the back of the banner. It's a nice clean look.

several strips of a heavy duty double sided tape and Id lay app tape across those areas to ensure that the surface of the banner isn't messed up while applying it to the wall =D

Billct2

Any chance they have a drop celing? If so, pole pockets and ceiling clips.
I love customers that put ridiculous restrictions an "cheap" job like a banner.
More time and effort trying to save a few nail holes than the banner cost.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
How about a stretcher frame, same way they do fine art canvas?
http://www.rexart.com/canvas-stretcher-bars.html
They look very nice if you use a smooth matt banner material.
These frames are easy to DIY with a miter saw and some home depot wood.
Those 3M command strips can be set up so nothing shows and will not damage the wall when it comes down.
More fitting for a lawyer's office over a banner taped to the wall (depending on the type of lawyer he is).

wayne k
guam usa

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
What size?
Top and bottom pole pockets to keep it taught; 2 hangers on top isn't that bad.

You could also use a removable wall vinyl/Fathead type material.