• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Banner Pricing

IKD

I was curious as to what everybody charges for finished banners with lettering applied per square foot. I'm just starting out so kinda having trouble figuring how much everything is worth. How much does everyone mark up their supplies from cost. Thanks

Ryan

ChiknNutz

Mine vary PSF. I use sort of a tiered pricing structure, meaning that small things are more expensive PSF and it gets cheaper (up to a point) the larger it is. Example: 1-color 2x4 banner is $63 ($7.88 PSF) and a 1-color 4x10 is $251 ($6.28 PSF). Each add'l color is about 25% more. This is for cut vinyl stuff, I print most of my banners anymore, but the philosophy is the same. I mark up my mat'ls a true markup of 40% (which is 1.67X cost, or cost/0.6). Some things I double (true markup of 50%).

oc63rag

Check for local market prices also. Don't assume the street price is $X per sq. ft. without verifying. This way you'll be competitive without leaving money on the table. Your customers, hopefully, will tell you whether your prices are out of line or not.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
I use the following algorithm that calculates a price such that the large the work, the less per sq.ft. I use a variation on this algorithm for most all my prices. The variables are...

Max is the maximum per square foot price. This is what I'd get for a 1 sq. ft. banner.

Min is the minimum per square foot price. This is the absolute minimum for which I'll work.

Area is the unhemmed length*width.

Matl is the cost of material unrolled for this project.

Min*Area+Max-Min+2*Matl

This yields a pleasant curve that starts at Max per sq.ft. and becomes asymptotic about Min per sq.ft.

I use a Max of $24 and a Min of $6.

IKD

Ok called up one of the larger sign companys in town and usually thought to be most expensive and they said 8-10 bucks a sq/ft. Prob call up a few more to see what the average is. Thanks guys