• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Banner Pricing

SignStudent

For those of you I've seen claiming to charge a flat rate on banners, say for instance $7/sq. ft, do you still charge the same price on something as big as say 5'x20'? It seems odd to me to charge the same sq. ft. pricing on a 3x8 as you would for such a big banner. I called and found out that's what one of my competitor's is doing so I'm just curious how common/uncommon that is. I don't want to be the lowballer but I don't price myself out of too many jobs either.

DTFuqua

Its common. I sell banners made with the pre-made banner roll and sell by the panel and amount of colors. panels are 2' long and however wide you buy the roll. a 2 foot long roll banner I get $15 per panel so for a 2X6 foot banner with one color, I get $45.

J

john1

In my area i do no lower than $4 psf and no higher then $6.50

Mosh

$1.50 sp ft is common on-line! We charge around $5 sq ft. plus design for 13 oz material print one side with SEWN hem and grommets. $8 for 16 oz. Price subjuct to change on my mood and how much the customer is a PITA. We sew our own and have an air powered gromet machine.

No design fee on basic stuff or logos we already have in the system, or good customers, or good looking ones!!!

heyskull

Pricing Banners is such a difficult thing and with now having a digital printer we can print these real easy.
The dificulty comes with the internet, as I am not set up to print banners all day long my customers cannot understand why I am more expensive than some internet based businesses that are churning out banners all day long.

FrankenSigns.
How can you give away a product that is classed as a sign?
Business must be very good!
We have had customers who bought a banner as a temporary sign and years later are still using it as a sign!
Banners if not priced correctly actually damage your sign business and make the surrounding area look cheap.

SC

iSign

Banners if not priced correctly actually damage your sign business and make the surrounding area look cheap.

THAT CAN HAPPEN NO MATTER WHAT THE PRICE...

oops... sorry about caps...

I brought in $500 on banners today.. a 3x10 for $300 (threw in an hour of free art for a good repeat client) and a rush 3x6 for $200 w/ 1/2 hour art...

also bid 15 identical 3x8 banners today for $3000 (15% off my usual $10/ sq. ft.)
...I don't get all my bids... but i make money on the ones I get...

saying that banners are easy because you got a printer though...

got any hard work around there? clean your shop toilets? remove vinyl? haul heavy material in and out? ...dig post holes?

well, how much of that crap work ya gotta do EVERY MONTH to make the payment on the printer?? Mine's paid off & I still think of it that way.. yeah, that $500 was pretty easy to make today, but that $50K lease was a freaking pain in the ass for the last 5 years... don't forget that when you set your price!!

a 2 foot long roll banner I get $15 per panel so for a 2X6 foot banner with one color, I get $45.

even in one color cut vinyl, that price is ridiculous!!
I never sold small banners for less then $6/ sq. ft. even 15-20 years ago.. that's less then $4/ sq. ft.

heyskull

Well I am have someone supplying full colour digitially printed double sided scaffold Banners (3'x3') for what equates to $30 plus $5 shipping!
And I have a customer wanting to know why I can't compete with that price!!!!!!!!!

SC

binki

We don't discount banners no matter how large they are. We will offer a discount if they buy multiples at the same time, normally 15% if they do 6 or more but that is it.

We have an art shop directly across the street from us and his price for printed banners is half ours. We turn ours in 2 days and he takes 3 weeks. We still sell printed banners.

FrankenSigns.biz

We were charging $7/sq.ft. Now more in the $5/sq.ft. Due to some local low-baller. Prices are dropping on everything across the board. It's hard to make a good living in this business these days...

CropMarks

here was some quotes that we got in our area from other shops for a 3x8 full color banner.

business 1 @ $6/sq ft
business 2 @ $6.05/sq ft
business 3 @ $10/sq ft
business 4 @ $5.50/sq ft

based on this we set our price at $6/sq ft. and pretty much go no lower than $4..... based on a % scale we set up (total sq ft = 26 - 50 is 10% off.... etc...)

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
I start out at $11/sqft...depending on size, design and customer, that number will change....

and you can't really compare a 3x8 to a 5x20 simply because the 5x20 should really be done on a heavier grade material, i would also insist on reinforced corners and webbing sewn into the hems...

SignStudent

and you can't really compare a 3x8 to a 5x20 simply because the 5x20 should really be done on a heavier grade material, i would also insist on reinforced corners and webbing sewn into the hems...

Ahh yeah I didn't even consider that for some reason. I've decided on using the formula I saw someone post on here recently (max-min) + min*area...so $15+$5 per sq. ft. So this will put me closer to $7 sq. ft. for the smaller stuff like 2'x4' banners.

OldPaint

does being dumb a requirement to work with printers???? as an old sign guy, IT AINT HOW you get the job done, you charge for........its the MARKET VALUE OF A JOB WELL DONE!!!!!!
seems to be the biggest problem with those who know nothing but HIT PRINT!!!!!
i did a 4 ft X 5 ft storefront window one day, with paint. start to finish, i had maybe 45 minutes involved, and that included cleaning my brushes and closin up my cans of paint.
went inside gave the lady a hand written bill......$100.00. now she flips out on me. HOW CAN CHARGE SO MUCH FOR SO LITTLE TIME???? i asked her how long it would have taken her to do the window? 2-3 days...maybe.....she paid me!!!!! 4 X5=20 sq ft =$5 a sq ft. and this was 1986!!!!!!!!!!!! my costs in that window, was maybe $5!!!!!!!! paint, turps & tape. no lease payments, no vinyl material, no ink, no maintenance!!!!! and i got em doin similars size stuff in 2010..........sellin stuff for way less money and gasoline is near $3.00 a gallon)))))
old si always tells a story of how to price your work. "when you give your price, ASK AS MUCH AS YOU THINK YOU CAN GET..........if they dont flinch, ADD MORE FOR TRAVEL, INSTALLATION))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

skyhigh

Its common. I sell banners made with the pre-made banner roll and sell by the panel and amount of colors. panels are 2' long and however wide you buy the roll. a 2 foot long roll banner I get $15 per panel so for a 2X6 foot banner with one color, I get $45.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Let me guess......
1) This is not your full time job?
2) you still live with mom & dad?
3) you purchased your cutter off craigs list?
4) you don't have a shop, but work out of your garage?
5) you have no bills associated with full time shop?
5) besides your cutter, you next most expensive piece of equip is a squeegie?
6) you never bought a roll of "cast" vinyl....ever?
7) you don't carry liability insurance
8) you began your career lettering your own race car?

How many did I get right?

signage

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Let me guess......
1) This is not your full time job?
2) you still live with mom & dad?
3) you purchased your cutter off craigs list?
4) you don't have a shop, but work out of your garage?
5) you have no bills associated with full time shop?
5) besides your cutter, you next most expensive piece of equip is a squeegie?
6) you never bought a roll of "cast" vinyl....ever?
7) you don't carry liability insurance
8) you began your career lettering your own race car?

How many did I get right?

Being no.2 must be true I think you meant Bedroom not garage on no.4:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: