• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Banner quality...

GP

After 3 years, I have yet to get consistant results with our profile setting for Ultraflex/Jetflex banner on our L25500 at 10 pass.

I may have tweaked the out of the box settings at one point, but media settings are as follows:

Curing: 100 C
Drying: 55 C
Vacuum: 5

As you can see i the attached, the coverage is pretty shotty. I am not sure if this is a temperature thing, a bad media thing, or what.

Then, in the out of focus second picture, you can see the black coverage is perfect.

Any hints on how to get this thing working correctly?

Attachments

• signs101.jpg
    signs101.jpg
    352.2 KB · Views: 73
  • signs101_2.jpg
    signs101_2.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 70

DirtyD

At another company we used Ultraflex JetFlex as well with a L26500 and had the same problems ALL the time. it got to the point where we would roll out how much was needed and cleaned it with ISOP.. Basically we quit using it and went with Grimco Forward Banner...

danno

Have you tried a different banner substrate? We use Grimco's Forward Banner here. It's been more consistent than any other banner we have tried.

On your pictures, it looks like you can see the scrim through you print on the first one. The second one, might be a drying/curing issue. I would check the temps of the curing and drying elements to make sure they are what you have programed them to. We run 110 /50C @ 10 pass. Have also had curing and drying elements replaced.

GP

Have you tried a different banner substrate? We use Grimco's Forward Banner here. It's been more consistent than any other banner we have tried.

On your pictures, it looks like you can see the scrim through you print on the first one. The second one, might be a drying/curing issue. I would check the temps of the curing and drying elements to make sure they are what you have programed them to. We run 110 /50C @ 10 pass. Have also had curing and drying elements replaced.

I believe we have tried this and key banner, with the same results. Likely the same material, I guess.

Yes, you can see the scrim through the ink. Happens very intermittently, varies by location and color. But not like there is a spot of residue. In that first photograph, those poor results were consistent throughout that green color block on the banner. But elsewhere, coverage was fine.

H&H Group

Ultima Pro

We have had tremendous success on our latex 260 with UltraFlex Ultima Pro 13 oz. banner. So much so that we have made this our house stock for indoor and short-term outdoor banners.

After 3 years, I have yet to get consistant results with our profile setting for Ultraflex/Jetflex banner on our L25500 at 10 pass.

I may have tweaked the out of the box settings at one point, but media settings are as follows:

Curing: 100 C
Drying: 55 C
Vacuum: 5

As you can see i the attached, the coverage is pretty shotty. I am not sure if this is a temperature thing, a bad media thing, or what.

Then, in the out of focus second picture, you can see the black coverage is perfect.

Any hints on how to get this thing working correctly?

We use Grimco. Are you printing bidirectional or only single.

Suz

I believe we have tried this and key banner, with the same results. Likely the same material, I guess.
----------------------------------------------

Yes, I think you are right about that... I have been told that Key, Ultra Flex, Jet Flex are all from the same manufacturer. Our first really great roll of banner material was one of those products. So at first, I was pretty happy with those products.

However, afterward the first successes, nothing but trouble with the next rolls of it. I had a roll that was printing similar to what you have shown in your first photo and called Grimco, they were aware of the problem because others called to complain. So, nothing consistent enough to make me want to stick to any of the above mentioned.

As I am sure you already know, fluctuating temperatures and age of material are both factors that come into play with banner material that is made for the HP Latex printers. But then there have also been issues with the coatings or finishes, so I have been told. Bad batch/lot or something like that. Have suffered through returns and replacements with material and it can hold things up.

Sucesses: FORWARD banner here too, Grimco. Have used both the matte and gloss finishes with excellent results. Happy Customers. Yay!

Try the FORWARD banner if you can. Good luck to you!

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Yep, had to dump Ultraflex banner material altogether. N Glantz has a line, BeBanner, that works perfect. Also now and then get Advantage's Optima banner, when I need 60" rolls.

Suz

Yep, had to dump Ultraflex banner material altogether. N Glantz has a line, BeBanner, that works perfect. Also now and then get Advantage's Optima banner, when I need 60" rolls.

eahicks, good to know that you like the BeBanner from Glantz. I just got their catalog, think I'll give it a try. Thanks!