• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Banners

ams

Sometimes people are saying my banners are too cheap, others complain I am very expensive. What would you normally charge for these? Cut vinyl, not printed.

3' X 6' 14oz Banner reinforced, One color: $
3' X 8' 14oz Banner reinforced, One color: $

3' X 6' 14oz Banner reinforced, Two color: $
3' X 8' 14oz Banner reinforced, Two color: $

These have been roughly my prices.

3' X 6' 14oz Banner reinforced, One color: $95.00
3' X 8' 14oz Banner reinforced, One color: $119.00

3' X 6' 14oz Banner reinforced, Two color: $105.00
3' X 8' 14oz Banner reinforced, Two color: $129.00

CS-SignSupply-TT

Your prices

Sometimes people are saying my banners are too cheap, others complain I am very expensive. What would you normally charge for these? Cut vinyl, not printed.

3' X 6' 14oz Banner reinforced, One color: $
3' X 8' 14oz Banner reinforced, One color: $

3' X 6' 14oz Banner reinforced, Two color: $
3' X 8' 14oz Banner reinforced, Two color: $

These have been roughly my prices.

3' X 6' 14oz Banner reinforced, One color: $95.00
3' X 8' 14oz Banner reinforced, One color: $119.00

3' X 6' 14oz Banner reinforced, Two color: $105.00
3' X 8' 14oz Banner reinforced, Two color: $129.00

Typically, this is what you would find for CUT VINYL in metro Atlanta:

3' X 6' 14oz Banner reinforced, One color: $66
3' X 8' 14oz Banner reinforced, One color: $88

3' X 6' 14oz Banner reinforced, Two color: $73.50
3' X 8' 14oz Banner reinforced, Two color: $98 :thumb:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Kinda hard to price something like this.....................

If it's a 3' x 6' banner and it says 'SALE' and that's all, that would be different from a banner 3' x 6' that has a name, address, phone number and a laundry list on it.

You need to be more specific, but I'm not sure this is the place. Many people will not quote numbers here in case of lurkers or end-users snooping around. You might wanna consider joining the 'Premium' membership and getting far better input there... than here.

HulkSmash

Wish i could help. We print all our banners. I actually would charge MORE for cut vinyl banners for the labor to install the graphics. I think your prices are fine.

J

john1

I print all banners, $6 PSF for small amounts. Cut vinyl would be a tad higher IMO since it's more labor

never have done a cut vinyl banner, always printed. were bang in the middle in prices for our area, just what i want,

maybe call around and see what others in your area charge, that way you know if your to low, to high or in the middle.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Comparing to local competitors works to a point by calling around but is less than ideal. Comparing to other markets such as asking here may lead you down a wrong path. Try tracking your quotes to closed sales ratio. If it's higher than 70%, you're probably pricing too low. If it's lower, then you're most likely too high.

Mosh

3x6 FULL COLOR $60, 3x8 FULL COLOR $80. Sewn hem and grommets, not a tape job!!!!

ams

The way I price my banners is I break it down to the foot.

Oracal 651 24" Vinyl 10 Yard Roll $23.00 / 30 = 76 cents a foot
etc on the rest of the products.

Then I mark it up 2X or 3X.

So I do my quotes like this.

Banner Material: $43.50
Vinyl Black: $10.40
Vinyl Red: $20.00
Clean/Prep: $5.00
Grommets: $1.50
Transfer Tape: $6.25
Banner Hemming: $7.50
Labor: 1/2 Hour ($27.50)

Total Price: $121.65 + Tax

That is how I've been pricing all my signs, is it better to do it this way, rather than have a set price for everything? I can't wait to print next month.

Pat Whatley

This, cut vinyl banners in 2011 is ridiculous.

I've got twelve 3'x6' banners on the books to do tomorrow because they couldn't (and I couldn't) find a printer who could print their spot red and blue with enough intensity to look good.

Tim Aucoin

To the OP... regardless of what everyone is answering, you've got to know your own market and what price it will bear. Are you making good money at your current prices? Are you competitive (obviously some times not!)? Those who are saying you are banners are too cheap may be referring to quality... that's how I hear it! "Cheap" is a matter of quality, not price!! :covereyes: Those who say you are too expensive... are any of them buying from you anyhow? Bottom line is how YOU feel about YOUR prices! If you are making good margin, covering your fixed and variable costs, etc... then why worry! If you're losing a bunch of quotes, you obviously need to adjust your pricing. If you are getting everything you quote, you still need to adjust your pricing!

My two cents anyhow!
:popcorn:

jfiscus

Rap Master
Wish i could help. We print all our banners. I actually would charge MORE for cut vinyl banners for the labor to install the graphics. I think your prices are fine.

I have to agree with Colorado Signs on this. I haven't stuck vinyl on a banner in a year +.

wildside

a 3x8 banner for $80? $98?... really, at a half price sale maybe.......

full color and cut vinyl are the same price here, and easily double the numbers i am seeing above, if not more

ams

To the OP... regardless of what everyone is answering, you've got to know your own market and what price it will bear. Are you making good money at your current prices? Are you competitive (obviously some times not!)? Those who are saying you are banners are too cheap may be referring to quality... that's how I hear it! "Cheap" is a matter of quality, not price!! :covereyes: Those who say you are too expensive... are any of them buying from you anyhow? Bottom line is how YOU feel about YOUR prices! If you are making good margin, covering your fixed and variable costs, etc... then why worry! If you're losing a bunch of quotes, you obviously need to adjust your pricing. If you are getting everything you quote, you still need to adjust your pricing!

My two cents anyhow!
:popcorn:

I only use high quality products. I never use less than a 6 year vinyl, I use name brand stuff, and my banners are 14oz. Kinkos and stuff uses 10oz, most printed are 13oz. So I like to believe my signs aren't cheap quality.

HulkSmash

It seems like your pricing method isnt too far off. Cut vinyl banners still has its place, don't worry what people may say about it. I, for one, think your labor rate is rather low. Are you doing a lot of banners? If you're getting heavy into it you may, one day, want to consider buying a digital printer to make your life more easy!

ams

It seems like your pricing method isnt too far off. Cut vinyl banners still has its place, don't worry what people may say about it. I, for one, think your labor rate is rather low. Are you doing a lot of banners? If you're getting heavy into it you may, one day, want to consider buying a digital printer to make your life more easy!

Yeah I charge $55 an hour, another two other shops in town charge $75 and $90 an hour. I do a decent amount of banners, maybe 25 a year?

I've been in business for 4 years and I never did any printing. But now finally I should be getting a Roland Verscamm 540i 54" printer around November 5th.
So I will be able to do printed banners finally. Is the profit margin higher on printed banners?