• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Basic Vinyl Cutter suggestions

DipItIn

Hi all,

I registered here to seek some advice from people with tons more knowledge in this field than I will ever need. My company does hydrographics /water transfer printing. We have had numerous customers asking if we could put a custom graphics on a firearm (yes we have our FFL). I have had a local sign company cut me several designs the past year to use as stencils for painting and then being removed before we clearcoat the dipped item. We are branching out a little bit and the stenciling most likely will increase to several pieces a week. The biggest cut we would ever do would be less than an 8-1/2" x 11" sheet of paper. I don't want to invest a ton of money on something that isn't a mainstay for us and won't be recouped for several years if not longer. I don't need anything fancy just something that will cut a stencil in vinyl that can be used as a temporary mask during painting/dipping. I have looked online and read a lot of posts in here but quite honestly I am overwhelmed with choices. I would appreciate any and everyone's suggestions on what to look at and or what to run from.

Thank you
Neal Whitaker
Dip It In

Techman

stuf that small?
Exacto knife, ruler and a french curve.

That is what I used years ago. Worked just fine for the occasional once a week small jobs. It takes longer to lay out the job then set up the cutter using a machine.

sign_noob

Graphtec CE6000-40

Stay away from the Roland. They are great but if you really need something that will cut with a lot of detail, then I suggest the 15" Graphtec. You won't be disappointed.