Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bed & Breakfast Sign Design Challenge

Discussion in 'Classroom Assignments' started by SignManiac, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Pinfinity

Pinfinity Active Member

Apr 8, 2010
    NJ
    Another view

Just like to get some feedback on this sketch...thanx! I am seeing a lot of really nice designs here.

Attached Files:

2. fmg

fmg Very Active Member

Dec 14, 2009
    That's very cool!

3. Pinfinity

Pinfinity Active Member

Apr 8, 2010
    NJ
    Thanx for the compliment fmg...I am only a newbie on this forum, but why don't you feel like you fit in?

4. Deaton Design

Deaton Design Very Active Member

Feb 19, 2005
    Really nice work being shown here. Some great ideas and layouts.
    Here's what I came up with.

Attached Files:

5. John L

John L Very Active Member

Apr 28, 2007
    You folks are ALL AWESOME! I keep starting a layout and get pulled or sidetracked. Still trying, but really wanted to say WOW! to all of the posters to date. Very well done!

6. SlightlyChilled

SlightlyChilled Very Active Member

Dec 19, 2009
    Hell

Jill sorry at first it looked like the top of a mans winkie ;)

7. Jesse_gvi

Jesse_gvi Member

Sep 26, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    Here's mine.

Go NFC!

Attached Files:

8. John Butto

John Butto Very Active Member

Jan 9, 2007
    fabricate info

will cause warts

9. SignManiac

SignManiac Major Contributor

Mar 25, 2006
    Mars Florida
    I just want to say that everyone who has contributed so far, have done an outstanding job and who would have guessed there would be so much diversity. Well done!!

For anyone just finding this post for the first time, feel free to include your efforts at anytime. There's no reason why this post can't continue to grow. The more the merrier!!!

10. Pinfinity

Pinfinity Active Member

Apr 8, 2010
    NJ
    SM, thank you as well! Your doing a great job moderating this post. It's been visually stimulating. A lot of talent out there as well

11. Pinfinity

Pinfinity Active Member

Apr 8, 2010
    NJ
    Beautiful !

Hi John, I love your layout and coloring on your design. I also like the way you incorporated the pictorial into the design. But, I have seen some of your other work and I can understand why it looks great!

12. SignManiac

Mar 25, 2006
    Mars Florida
    Last one. Needed something fun to do on lunch break..

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 7, 2011
  13. Pinfinity

Pinfinity Active Member

Apr 8, 2010
    NJ
    SM,you designed that during lunch break? "your killin me"! Looks great! whats the typeface for "Magic Mushroom"? The design is nicely balanced, great colors!.. but during lunch break huh!..... I put on 30 lbs and my hair turned grey making my three entries. I guess I'm slower than death!

14. SignManiac

Mar 25, 2006
    Mars Florida
    Pin, I started learning CorelDraw with version 1. That's a few years of practice since then :) Once you see it in your minds eye, it's pretty easy to throw it down on the computer.

Oops, forgot.. The font is AS Raptor, one of Steves fonts from Signfonts.com

15. Pinfinity

Pinfinity Active Member

Apr 8, 2010
    NJ
    Got it SM,.. your pic...is that a stock piece of clip art that you might have modified?...or do you sometimes draw it out from scratch? sorry if I'm asking stupid questions.

16. SignManiac

Mar 25, 2006
    Mars Florida
    I'm a glorified clipart butcherer and modifier, mix and match, element coordinator...And sometimes from scratch depending on the client, budget, time constraints, etc. It's just all about putting the pieces together in the right order for the right price.

17. Joe Diaz

Joe Diaz Very Active Member

I hope I didn't miss the deadline. I had a hard time finding time to do this.
    I thought I might do something that goes with the "magic" part of the name, rather than psychedelic shrooms.

As far as fabricating it. Anything is possible if the money is there. We would probably sub out the custom iron work. We're no landscapers either. That would be somthing we would sub out that would really add to this. Maybe some fake dimensional shrooms could be mixed in with the landscaping to add to the theme. We would also want to install some spot lights that would point up at the sign. If I had more time I might of illustrated those items in the sketch.

Everything else we would fabricate in house, I think the sign face would have to be dimensional and painted.

magic mushroom sign.jpg

magic mushroom sign face.jpg

18. SignManiac

Mar 25, 2006
    Mars Florida
    Nope Joe never too late, no deadline for anyone that would still like to play. You never fail to surprise me. What an outstanding design!!! It's obvious you put some serious thought into this one. Sweet!!!

19. Steve C.

Steve C. Very Active Member

May 22, 2003
    That is beautiful Joe! I love purple.:thumb:

20. Jillbeans

Jillbeans Major Contributor

Dec 24, 2003
    Butler, PA
    Dammit Joe you knocked it out of the park.
    But for some reason Weasel's is my fave.