• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Just In Been hearing about this...............................

Gino

Premium Subscriber
And to think this all started because some jerk wanted his hamburger faster. Now, all of Australia might shut down......

I'm telling ya, progress is really becoming crazy, want a quick hamburger, yep, well, that's gonna shut down Iceland and possibly Brazil at this hour. Are you sure you want it 20 seconds faster ??

Johnny Best

And the PM of Austrailia is pregnant, you guys down under might have some drastic measures going on in the last trimester.

DerbyCitySignGuy

No government is all fun and games until it goes into practice. Look at Copper Springs or Von Ormy. Complete disasters. Give people an inch and they'll take a mile.

equippaint

Tiered electric pricing is not the same. They can make a fair argument that their costs go up when demand is not level. They have to estimate power demand and run up generation which uses more fuel, wear and tear etc. The more level the demand is, the more level their generating can be. The isps don't have additional costs with usage fluctuations. The cable providers dont even do a good job with keeping their networks up to date to handle their peak loads. The electric providers don't have much choice in the matter, they have to consistently meet demand. I don't agree with it either way though, reality is that it is a money maker. It doesn't reduce peak demand by any significant amount and its really nothing more than a rate increase, just like delivery fuel surcharges.

bannertime

The internet is a convenience, not a necessity.

That's just not true. There was a point in time that the internet was prevalent, but like you said, only a convenience. Just like alternating current was once witchcraft and viewed as fictional pipe-dream by some. Then it was integrated into everyone's daily lives, and there are some people that have no idea how to survive without it. The internet is at that pivotal point in it's history that it becomes a utility rather than a luxury. Granted, electricity and clean water are luxuries some people dream of having; that doesn't mean we can't improve and progress our own lives. If I remember correctly, you don't care about those people anyway, because littering to you, is a hobby.

The government that governs least governs best. Read it, know it, live it, be it.

Trust me bob, I know, I've seen the government from the inside. It's ugly. However, there are things that the government should have it's nose it. In a perfect world, a free market would reign supreme. However, greed is very real and very dangerous. Keep in mind, we have constitutional rights that allow us to protect ourselves from the government, but we do not have any rights to protect ourselves from a private business that has a monopoly over an aspect of our lives. Our businesses do not affect people lives like an ISP does, therefore we can do as we please. Just like we have strict regulations on auto manufacturing, there should be so regarding the internet services, not content.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Who cares a flying f*ck about all this mumbo-jumbo..... I just want my hamburger faster. :banghead:

If the government started running the fast food joints like they do the government...... THEN whaddaya think would happen ?? :sleepin:

equippaint

Who cares a flying f*ck about all this mumbo-jumbo..... I just want my hamburger faster. :banghead:

If the government started running the fast food joints like they do the government...... THEN whaddaya think would happen ?? :sleepin:
Corporations dont exactly do a bang up job either. The regular day to day government runs a pretty tight ship especially when you consider the size of it. The functions that require the intervention of these idiot politicians or the departments that have been selected to be attacked to further said stupid idiot politicians careers are the problem. We have allowed our elected officials to control our country for their own monetary gains and we sit back and take it because they have been diligent in dividing us into 2 distinct groups. We now define ourselves, our beliefs, our friends and our enemies strictly by political ideology. So to go against these politicians, is going against your own self. Being a Republican/Democrat is so deep rooted in people that they automatically subscribe to whatever they do or say, we cant even make our own opinions anymore or see bad when it is right in our face. I hate politics and this stupid black and white reasoning with everyone today.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Friday 4:55pm :"Blah blah blah sign company how can I help you?"

Hey I need some truck lettering, I see you guys are open till 5, can we have some made and pick them up now?"

me: "Maybe, you got a logo or layout?"

customer: "No, but I'd like some photo of a truck or something and I'm thinking maybe some cool camo or chrome finish, well, I'll just come by and we can sit down a design it"

.... Dial Tone...