• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Been In The Business For 15 Years. Anyone Else Having Shoulder Pain?

300mphGraphics

I'm in the middle of trying to rehab my dominant shoulder. Started with x-rays and got a diagnosis of impingement. Went to an MRI and it came back "abnormal" possible slap tear, but they didn't use the dye so they want to do another MRI, or just shoot me full of cortisone. Don't want the steroids so I've been going to physical therapy for the last 6 weeks and the gym half a dozen times. Definitely getting better. Also using some cbd oil / hemp cream and Traumeel cream for the inflammation. Down to one Tylenol a day!

SignosaurusRex

After 40+ years of this business and years of living with your same pains, accompanied by broken sleep, frequent numbness and occasional paralysis of hand(s), I got myself a good Chiropractor that specializes in dealing with pain and work related muscle issues. He got me straightened out in short order with some minor adjustments and light exercises focused on certain muscles and joints. No drugs or expensive shots, etc. all the difference in the world! A 30 minute general "Maintenance" once a month keeps me swing'n vinyl and sling'n paint pain-free.

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
Back some 15-20 years ago, I was the passenger in an auto accident and suffered a sever shoulder separation- one that would require surgery to get the bone back where it was supposed to be. The other option was to immobilize it and let it heal- realizing that I'd always have certain limitations from that arm (like I can't throw a football, or make motions with that type of movement). Being ambidextrous, I said no to the surgery.
Fast forward to 2015 and the separation had led to a torn rotator cuff. The surgeon who repaired it called it "one of the worst he'd ever seen" and was of the opinion it was related to the separation injury.
The point of all that? My advice is much like everyone else's: See your doctor. X-rays or an MRI can determine whether the problem is inflammation (not comfortable, but can pass) or a tear (sucks big time). You do not want to wait to have that taken care of.

hcardwell93

Ive had the same issue lately and I am 30. The diagnosis I got was that my ligaments are stretched. I have been taking a product called Ligaplex 2. When I take it on a consistent basis I don't feel the pain and my shoulder feels stronger. I can tell when I haven't been taking them because I feel my shoulder giving out when lifting.

DerbyCitySignGuy

After 40+ years of this business and years of living with your same pains, accompanied by broken sleep, frequent numbness and occasional paralysis of hand(s), I got myself a good Chiropractor that specializes in dealing with pain and work related muscle issues. He got me straightened out in short order with some minor adjustments and light exercises focused on certain muscles and joints. No drugs or expensive shots, etc. all the difference in the world! A 30 minute general "Maintenance" once a month keeps me swing'n vinyl and sling'n paint pain-free.

I also see a chiropractor/kinesiologist (i.e., a sports doctor) that works me over whenever I need it and it helps a TON. Been doing physical labor in some form or another for over 20 years and it's catching up to me now.

1leonchen

same age bracket, i used to feel some shoulder pain. i have figured ways to do things with less effort. hire extra help when necessary. print in batches so less loading materials. call for help when loading heavy rolls. but too much power tools for less work. figured the old laminator i have can mask and apply every thing. take breaks on time. take my lunch time. and go home by 6 pm. if i have a rush job it better worth my over time.

next step come to work and give orders. lol.

gabagoo

I have noticed a slight soreness in my right shoulder this winter and attribute it to squeegeeing premask and applying vinyl......but I blame Bowling once a week for most of it.