• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Before/After planning stages

CentralSigns

Any church sign with a cross looks good to me. Most just don't want to be associated with a cross up around here. The arrows are a hard one to figure out whats best. What you've done looks pretty good so far.

Jillbeans

Now my gears are turning again!
Thanks for the great suggestions.
Tiki's really has a "churchy" feel.
And I do have some Celtic knots in my PC from an old sign so I can try implementing those too.
Drove past the church again, the windows are definitely different than the ones I was using so I might try another option.

Craig Sjoquist

oh you can use dark colors on this ..cool yes Tiki and Gypsy G with the Celtic look are really looking nice
but I still like putting the all the right arrows on one side and the misc arrows on other,
the point is when looking at arrows is not to be confused.

Deaton Design

I really liked the first one you put up Jill, except I would change the preschool font to what the others are, and put the arrows all to the left of the wording.
Tikis looks great also!:)

Jillbeans

OK this is the latest attempt.
I have taken suggestions from everyone and tried to combine everything.
How's this one?
:thankyou:

Attachments

• GRC7.jpg
    GRC7.jpg
    253 KB · Views: 83

Gino

Premium Subscriber
There are quite a few layouts here which are totally acceptable. [Totally !!/I]

My only observation at this point is.... like with money in columns being correctly lined up, I think the times should also be justified right and not center. Also, why does one have pm and the others don't ?? I prefer uniformity within groups.

Jillbeans

I added the AM on the first one to try to let people know they are all morning services.
Will make adjustments, I need to get this sent along.
I'll use the others as back ups.
:)

SignManiac

I didn't have time over the weekend to play, but tomorrow I might throw something out there even if they don't want to look at any more options. I'm just doing it for the fun and continuing education. Beats going to a shrink!

SignManiac

Jill yours is very nice! It inspired me to try this variation. Ok so why wait until tomorrow that I can get done today! I'd hate to be the one who has to make the final decision :)

Attachments

• Jills Church Job.jpg
    Jills Church Job.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:

signgal

Jill yours is very nice! It inspired me to try this variation. Ok so why wait until tomorrow that I can get done today! I'd hate to be the one who has to make the final decision :)

wow, i think i'm officially a signgal. All I can see is the colossal waste of space that could have information in it. LOL

GB2

Old Member
I'm just curious as to why no one thinks it's an issue not to have that directional list in alphabetical order. I think people intuitively look at lists in that way and I always do them that way.

SignManiac

To me, designing graphically is more important than designing alphabetically. I see no particular advantage to it.

GB2

Old Member
Graphically for the rest of the sign perhaps, but for a directional list I think that needs to be instantly identifiable and an alphabetical order is important for that. Every wayfinding gateway municipal signage I ever did was alphabetical, even all my landscapers laundry lists are alphabetical. I dunno...maybe it's just me.