• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Best Adhesive Remover ?

sardocs

We use Rapid Remover also, but I'm not sure it is non-toxic as stated above. I sure find my eyes burning from it if we have to use it in the shop in any quantity. Also depending on the substrate I would be careful with the Iso Alcohol. On polycarbonate sheets it can be a little crazy.

TimToad

We use Rapid Remover also, but I'm not sure it is non-toxic as stated above. I sure find my eyes burning from it if we have to use it in the shop in any quantity. Also depending on the substrate I would be careful with the Iso Alcohol. On polycarbonate sheets it can be a little crazy.

I was referring to on vehicles. We rarely if ever strip acrylic or lexan faces. Its sunny 325 days per year here. By the time plastic faces come in to try and be relettered, they are way too yellow to be worth the effort peeling.

westcoast local

3M citrus base adhesive remover (black aerosol can) let it sit 30 seconds then scrape don’t let it sit too long it hardens back up then iso delute spray n whipe and beware the red n white cans they eat thru a lot of surfaces if it’s box truck or oxidized white surface soft scrub is good afterwards to take chalk down or mbx tool but you must be light n fast with it hold it in hand with a light golfclub like grip don’t try to grip hard and power house it or it could leave burns great for boatstripes

Billct2

We have an assortment...Rapid Remover, Goop, 900 (from auto paint supplier, some spray cleaner from our dust off supplier that works really well, ...there's a whole shelf of stuff.
Seems like one cleaner isn't effective on everything.

letterman7

Rapid Remover and if that doesn't do it (only on new-ish vehicles) I'll move to lacquer thinner and then acetone as my last resort.

papabud

Lone Wolf
rapid is also out go to for adhesive removal. we have a 55gal drum off the stuff..
we strip a lot of old graphics

papabud

Lone Wolf
i had to go look at the drum. its not the rapid brand. its called terminator. but chemically its the same stuff. but we can get it in bulk