• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Best protection for ACM outdoor signs?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Ill be honest with you, any directly printed ACM is not considered long term signage to begin with. If they want longer term offer them a large laminated decal layed down on the acm

I'd just like to know, why visual NOW decides to be honest about something...................... ????? :toasting:

I'd like to know how others prefer to protect the ACM signs they make for long term outdoor use. We all know how easily UV ink printed directly onto an ACM sheet can scratch. Carefully moving a 4x8 sheet off your flatbed output table to another area where you are going to liquid laminate can cause scratches as well as moving it to, and through, a roll laminator. So the question is, do you prefer to print the sign graphics on vinyl then laminate and apply to the raw ACM sheet, or do you prefer to direct UV print and then film or liquid laminate?

For a long term outdoor sign, print and mount to the ACM using a good quality cast vinyl and overlaminate.