• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Best RIP software for MUTOH

messmedia

Hello, - after long time of me being quiet! :{)

So, MUTOH VJ 1304 is my probable choice now. IT REALLY HAS THE BEST PRINT QUALITY of them all!

Now, I have to choose software. My supplier is recomending 1.5K euros ONYX software, but I wanted to ask You people about it.

I am planing to purchase a GRAPHTEC cutter, FC7000 or 8000 soon, and use it to contour cut my designs.

So, is ONYX best choice for me and my needs (quality print with accurate colors, and contour cut), and what software that You use turned out as good product?

THANX for Your answers ...

Jackpine

I would take a look at Ciberprint RIP. It has quality print with accurate colors and contour cut abilities that are very easy to control. This is a very versatile RIP that is very powerful. There are a couple merchant members here that sell it. I use it with my Mutoh and could not be more satisfied with it's performance.

Case

I would pick Onyx or Flexi over Ciberprint any day... Onyx is very powerful with great profile generation and color reproduction.. Flexi, in my opinion, is the best countour cutting software on the market... They have it nailed on how well it performs... Mutoh has a ton of profiles for Flexi as well. Mutoh runs their printers at the shows with Flexi and fully support it....

Case

Last edited:

Conor Knoxx

I use Flexi too, and am very happy with print quality, as well as great contour cutting features.
Of course, I've never used anything else, so I can't actually "compare" to anything...

Also, I have the "Flexi Print and Cut" version - not the Flexi pro - its about 40% cheaper than pro, last I looked - you just have to read through/compare to make sure you're not missing any features that would be critical to your own operation.

messmedia

so, it seems it's going to be - ONYX. And the price is not that bad, considering the rest of the bunch. Also, it supports GRAPHTEC cuters, so, I think I'll be ok with it.

One curiosity, though, FLEXI is not easy to find here (Montenegro, Europe), also, couldn't find it at most major suppliers in Serbia (closest country to here). Bummer - as if, I don't really have the choice, except to use some starter software packs, with poor color control options ...

astro8

Also look at Ergosoft...based in Switzerland and use it with our Epson GS6000....best RIP I've ever used.

Donny7833

I agree, Ergo PosterPrint is fantastic. Shiraz V6 is a good rip as well, I used it for a couple of years on my 2 Epson 10600s for fine art. Tons of well done print environments on the AIT website, most of them for Euro standard/available materials. Still, I wouldn't trade my Ergo RIP for any other. They have some very good down loadable print environments as well. My 2 cents.

I still have my copy of Shiraz Server Plus I would let go. It's ver 6.3, about $400 USD to upgrade to the latest ver 6.6... PM me if interested.

JAMEY

I would pick Onyx or Flexi over Ciberprint any day... Onyx is very powerful with great profile generation and color reproduction.. Flexi, in my opinion, is the best countour cutting software on the market... They have it nailed on how well it performs... Mutoh has a ton of profiles for Flexi as well. Mutoh runs their printers at the shows with Flexi and fully support it....

Case

Have you ever used Ciberprint? For the money, it's awfully hard to beat. Even Fred will tell you it's a good program.

It depends on what he has to spend too. Money is a factor in my world.

jmcnicoll

After starting with Onyx 2 years ago we switched to the EFI colorproof rip and get much better and consistent color. Easy to make profiles for too!!!!!!

jim

staffordcox

I agree, Ergo PosterPrint is fantastic. Shiraz V6 is a good rip as well, I used it for a couple of years on my 2 Epson 10600s for fine art. Tons of well done print environments on the AIT website, most of them for Euro standard/available materials. Still, I wouldn't trade my Ergo RIP for any other. They have some very good down loadable print environments as well. My 2 cents.

I still have my copy of Shiraz Server Plus I would let go. It's ver 6.3, about $400 USD to upgrade to the latest ver 6.6... PM me if interested.

Please bare in mind that Shiraz v6.x DOES NOT contour cut or output to any cutters....

luggnut

wasatch was the best i used.. (between Onyx, flexi, wasatch) the color was great and was feature rich. i had one roland converted to CMYKOG and it drove it beautifully

Rooster

I've used Onyx, Colorburst and Wasatch in the past (+ many filmsetter RIPs).

Wasatch has come a long way, but the Colorburst is still my favorite for color reproduction. I don't think they have much support available for cutters though. At least they didn't when I was using them.