• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Best Sign For This Building

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
If they are on a light budget you could do wooden framed stretched banner boxes. Treated wood and maybe a uv coat on the printed banners and they would last a year or two, depending on the exposure. Look better than a flat sign or a banner screwed into the awning - at a fairly low cost.

signage

I don't get why a sign business would go onto a forum and ask other to create some ideas. You are the one that picked this for your business or job, so why don't they post the ideas that have come up with and ask other for opinions or better ideas.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Nothing wrong asking others for ideas. About 90% of all threads are like that, if they aren't about buying cheap ink, vinyl or how do I get my printer to work........ or what font is this ??

I would like to know how this situation pans out, now that you have some input form others and see what you come up with for the customer.

Good luck.​

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I don't get why a sign business would go onto a forum and ask other to create some ideas. You are the one that picked this for your business or job, so why don't they post the ideas that have come up with and ask other for opinions or better ideas.

I have to agree, this seems basic, but this is Signs101. Not a question fit for Signs 102 though, you need to pass the exam to get into that building.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I think sometimes its the laziness that irks some people. When I was at the computer shop I'd have new techs just come to me with every problem they ran into. Id ask them, did you spend 30 seconds on Google trying to look for the answer? "No". They need to take some initiative on their own. If they can't then they are no better than the client bringing the PC in in the first place.

I'm not saying dont ask a question, I can just see signage's point of view. Do homework and bring something to the table, the professor doesn't have time to do the work for you, he has a date with a student tonight.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I don't see signage's point-of-view, whatsoever.

It'd be a different thing, if the OP came here and said, give me some layouts or make some drawings for me, but he didn't. He asked for possible sign substrate suggestions. That's how I read it. He didn't even tell us what kinda business it was. Everyone went off halfcocked thinking it was a car lot and made all kindsa negative comments about them. Turns out, it's gonna be a produce store of sorts. See how most all just do whatever they want with no regard for what is really being asked ??

The OP has about a year's worth of experience in this trade and simply wants some ideas on various substrates, that's all.

Johnny Best

"Hands up don't draw" or "get off my neck I can't draw" to Signage the sign police.
fruitstant.jpg

Marshallmax

I don't see signage's point-of-view, whatsoever.

It'd be a different thing, if the OP came here and said, give me some layouts or make some drawings for me, but he didn't. He asked for possible sign substrate suggestions. That's how I read it. He didn't even tell us what kinda business it was. Everyone went off halfcocked thinking it was a car lot and made all kindsa negative comments about them. Turns out, it's gonna be a produce store of sorts. See how most all just do whatever they want with no regard for what is really being asked ??

The OP has about a year's worth of experience in this trade and simply wants some ideas on various substrates, that's all.
Precisely, you would think these trolls were busy enough to not waste their time posting on forums trying to make people feel bad. I simply was looking for material opinions. I didn’t ask for artwork or any of that other stuff they just assumed. But hey it’s the internet where most people want to argue or point and laugh at people.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
If you're not looking for a design idea aren't the material options all the same? Every sign company has the same list of categories on their website. Flat aluminum, dimensional letters, lighted cabinet, channel letters, banner.

Marshallmax

If you're not looking for a design idea aren't the material options all the same? Every sign company has the same list of categories on their website. Flat aluminum, dimensional letters, lighted cabinet, channel letters, banner.
The better question is why do you even care lol