• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help BEST Software or add on to VECTORIZE LOGO

Jr gong

To each their own, I've worked in advertising in agencies for 12 years and Adobe is the standard, that's known, that's what pros use. But I won't put down somebody for using something else) whatever it is) seems like people use it allot for signage here so nothing is wrong with that if it working [emoji3]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Graphic Extremes

Knows To Little
I have and use both programs depending on what I am doing. I do feel that Illustrator is a better program, but has a steeper learning curve.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Well I’m a Corel user and I don’t make those claims.
I’m sure PS and Illistrator users claim they use the best program too and some of them do marginal work. It’s more about the user and not the software.
You know as well as I do that it’s a loaded question like “Ford or Chevy?”

I figured that... but then why show someone else work - Joe's talent has nothing to do with CorelDraw... unless there is a script that can make you design awesome...

You kinda don't get it... Corel Draw users eat their boogers, they are/were the smelly kids in class and are in collusion with the Canadians... Lighten up man! I'm not saying your software is the ugly girlfriend and everyones to afraid to tell you... it's the ugly girlfriend with a nasty personality who farts a lot, drinks all the beer at the party and passes out in the gutter!

(I now need to add - Disclaimer - Not meant to be taken seriously)

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
First of all the term 'vectorizing' is a misnomer. There's no such thing. The process is edge tracing. Since there is no vector information in a bitmap, at least yet but it might be possible, what everyone calls vectorizing really is nothing more than examining a bitmap and detecting, in the sole opinion of whatever or whomever is doing the detecting, edges. This is totally subjective, there is no objectivity here. You look at a bitmap and discern that various discrete pierces that might construe vector objects. An algorithm does it a bit differently, it looks for acute color changes to determine where edges might be. Nonetheless, it's every bit as subjective as you eyeballing the image and tracing what you think ought to be edges.

Some alforithms are better at it than others but they all do it the same way. I like the trace facility in Corel 18, a vast improvement over previous editions. Flexi is rather primitive. Adobe is about the same as Corel. There are a number of online facilities that do a decent job as well. Whatever you use unless the bitmap is high resolution and crisp, you'll have to manually tweak the results. The better the image the less tweaking.

Moreover, the notion of creating a bitmap from a vector image and then tracing the bitmap to reproduce the original vector image is a non-starter. What you will get is only an approximation of the original vector image. With arbitrary objects close usually will work but text is another story. An approximation of most type faces is less than acceptable. Best to re set any text rather than use the tracing results.

TimToad

We subscribe to VectorMagic for about $10 per month and for some images it does a far better job than Illustrator and Corel, which we also use. For the most part, the Trace feature on illustrator does an adequate job once the user knows which settings to use for a particular image, but I rely on VectorMagic thanks to its more automated features and easy to use interface.

Come'on guys why are you so selfish, let him know the software we all use, it has a button named 'MAGIC' that does the job quick and easy. It also does everything else you need like resampling poor quality goole photo to 1200 dpi wall cover size, oh and it also makes your 54 inch printer print 60".

sardocs

I agree with Bob that the trace feature on Corel 18 is really quite good. A big improvement on earlier versions.

burgmurk

You need a human being that is confident with the software of their choice. AI will rarely do a good enough job, no matter who programmed it.

Dallas225

We subscribe to VectorMagic for about $10 per month and for some images it does a far better job than Illustrator and Corel, which we also use. For the most part, the Trace feature on illustrator does an adequate job once the user knows which settings to use for a particular image, but I rely on VectorMagic thanks to its more automated features and easy to use interface.

us as well - vector magic is hands down the best tracing program out there. It looks like it would be a joke - but it absolutely is the best out there bar none. It saves us countless hours a year and actually does a good job on text. It’s rare if I need to spend more than 5 minutes cleaning up a file after running it through vector magic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dallas225

us as well - vector magic is hands down the best tracing program out there. It looks like it would be a joke - but it absolutely is the best out there bar none. It saves us countless hours a year and actually does a good job on text. It’s rare if I need to spend more than 5 minutes cleaning up a file after running it through vector magic.

We bought it outright though we don’t subscribe, you get updates forever with a purchase so the $500 or whatever it was had paid for itself 50 times over for sure

Travb1999

Tracing program. I've been using the online subscription one for awhile. Considering the desktop version but not so sure if its worth the cost yet.

Pippin Decals

Stumbled across a program years ago called vector magic - still is the best Money I’ve ever spent, it’s absolutely shocking what it will vectorize.. will literally polish a turd into a diamond.

I use Vector Magic as well. Love it