• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help BEST Software or add on to VECTORIZE LOGO

BigCarl

You know as well as I do that it’s a loaded question like “Ford or Chevy?”[/QUOTE]

I use Flexi all day everyday... Been using it since 2001, Adobe Ps and Illustrator do things Flexi will not do...So sometime I use them all together..

and I drive a Chevy...lol

Andy_warp

Learning vector operations isn't all that hard. I haven't dealt with Corel for a decade. Freehand was pretty cool back in the day too.
It's not really the program...its how you use it. Illustrator was accessible to me, so that's what I invested my time in.
(key phrase: invested my time)

The main thing is just knowing what a clean vector object should look like.
Avoid bad practices like just throwing a white box over something you don't want printed.

Research the path operations, things like booleans and joining paths to be sure its all closed.
The pathfinder palette in Illy. (Not sure of Corel's equivalent)

I taught myself by tracing fonts with the pen tool and learning how compound paths work.

Or just farm it out or buy a "wonder" program. Then you never have to learn how any of it works.

mmblarg

Illustrator is awesome if you are going to take the time to recreate detailed vector logos (though, I personally found it hard to learn and its intricacy isn't needed for anything that my company works with)

Flexi is my absolute fave and what we dominantly work out of - it's perfect for quick auto-vectoizing or simple to medium detailed logo creation (not awesome with gradients though - can't seem to make a clean bevel to save my life, but that might just be me.)

Corel Draw is good in a pinch on both fronts for hand-detailed to auto-vectorizing. It's kind of like a mutated love child if Flexi and Illustrator had a baby: there are things that all three programs can do, but Corel just does them... a bit differently...

Johnny Best

You have not drunk it all your life because you are still living.
2 kidney stones are two many. But with a name like Bubba you need the ice tea to wash down those bbq ribs, collard greens and a big slice of cornbread.

JTBoh

I sell signage and signage accessories.
Vector Magic is the best autotrace on the market, by far. It'll take a photograph and make it vector. Still shocked that it is as powerful as it is.

Pippin Decals

You have not drunk it all your life because you are still living.
2 kidney stones are two many. But with a name like Bubba you need the ice tea to wash down those bbq ribs, collard greens and a big slice of cornbread.

Tea contains high level of a substance called “oxalate”. Oxalate can combine with calcium to form an insoluble compound (calcium oxalate) that makes up most kidney stones. A high level of oxalate in the urine (hyperoxaluria) is therefore a risk factor for forming kidney stones.

ikarasu

Tea contains high level of a substance called “oxalate”. Oxalate can combine with calcium to form an insoluble compound (calcium oxalate) that makes up most kidney stones. A high level of oxalate in the urine (hyperoxaluria) is therefore a risk factor for forming kidney stones.
As someone who had a 9mm kidney stone 2 years ago, and was told there's a 50% chance of reoccurrence within 5 years, and as someone who just bought 20+ liters of passion tea drink.... Thanks for the scare :(

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
As someone who had a 9mm kidney stone 2 years ago, and was told there's a 50% chance of reoccurrence within 5 years, and as someone who just bought 20+ liters of passion tea drink.... Thanks for the scare :(
Not to worry - could be the start of a home based on-line business - Apparently buckets of stones can now be used in home (& school) defense against armed intruders.

wayne k
guam usa

JTBoh

I sell signage and signage accessories.
Not to worry - could be the start of a home based on-line business - Apparently buckets of stones can now be used in home (& school) defense against armed intruders.

wayne k
guam usa

Only in conjunction with CPR training.