• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Best way to cut Maxmetal, E-panel, DiBond ACM?

Brandon708

We have a 52" Pneumatic shear and love it. It also leaves a great edge on the ACM (no deburring or filing needed) Can't believe we used to use a scoring blade. :frustrated:

It cuts ACM and .040, .063 aluminum really well. It also cuts .080 aluminum but it cringe when it does it because it seems not powerful enough to do it all day.

Rusty B

Cut all mine with a table saw with an 80 tooth blade to rip it down small enough to fit on my diy cnc. The cnc is the one tool i wish I had built years ago. And adding a camera for print and cut has really made a difference in my production speed.

signage

Shear. He started early today. Ya can tell by his recent posts all over the place.
Started what early today? Answering question and trying to educate people on this forum, not just trying to get most post numbers like you have bee4n doing since you got on this forum?

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
I'm slowly realizing you don't have a CNC setup. I was racking my brain trying to figure why someone would want to do this rather than drop it on a table. Do you really not need one for your works?
I think the slow thinking's an Arkansas thing ?
I'm not in the sign business so no but I like tools and making stuff so I have a decent collection. Signs are an ancillary thing that we do

Last edited:

okeesignguy

We have always used a Safety Speed Cut panel saw with a blade with lots of teeth but you usually have to file the cut edge a little because of burrs left by the blade especially as the blade gets older...
It is super accurate tho especially when cutting multiple panes of the same measurements...

However we also have a Javelin that we have had for years...probably a 1st Gen...that we use for other materials...
Am I correct that I am reading posts here that people are using a similar tool for cutting 3mm MaxMetal/Signabond...?
If so...is there a special alternative blade attachment or do you use the same razor that is normally in it...?

Is that what this blade is used for...and if so...will it fit in a Series 1 Javelin I wonder...?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-02-27 at 08-33-08 Javelin Series.png
    Screenshot 2022-02-27 at 08-33-08 Javelin Series.png
    62 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Just having a hard time reckoning why you'd forgo such a critical piece in a factory that is clearly beyond signs. Like, a printer and laminator are seriously singular task machines, a cnc is is critical in about a bajillion different industries.
Many folks take the "I'll take my time" attitude as being slow or dim, when in reality it's the total lack of f*cks we truly give.
Besides cutting little heart shapes out of PVC and sending them to texassigmaker, I don't know what else I'd use it for.
Cutting down my square signs with a shear is much faster and cleaner than a CNC. I wanted to get a cheapy china one just for the hell of it before covid but bought a flatbed applicator instead.