• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Best way to rename this sign...for the third time in 2-3 years

Signarama Jockey

The other sign companies only quote was to trace around the bricks and custom fit a new signboard. I kinda figured once I gave them a new idea they might run with it. Oh well, not a big deal, I'm not a fan of the cold as it's ME out there not employees LOL
Tracing around the bricks? This makes me cringe a little. I don't think it's going to look all that great.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Hot glue and strips of doorskin would make for a quick and accurate template that would look good as long as you could use a jig saw.

John Miller

Why are you getting involved with this s..t show?? Move on to work you will be proud of. And no, vinyl will not stick well to flat paint.

Stacey K

I like making signs
Why are you getting involved with this s..t show?? Move on to work you will be proud of. And no, vinyl will not stick well to flat paint.
I'm not - I gave them only one option which was listed above and they declined - and I'm glad they did! I'm guessing the other sign shop is wishing they had declined as well LOL

No updates people - the sign still shows spray paint and no activity.

jochwat

Graphics Department
I can picture Stcey standing in the cold with her puffy jacket, and her scarf and hat knitted by her Aunt in Packers football colors, freezing her cute ass off.
stay-cee-and-her-ass.jpg

Stacey K

I like making signs
Can you mask off the brick etc, spray background on-site back to off-white/beige/whatever then just install a shape-cut ACM sign overtop, cut to the red border shape?
Maybe use standoffs so when this business gets the boot from the crazy landlord you've got an easy sign swap.

Just my $0.02
Update: This was my suggestion in the quote that I sent over based on your comment and others. They decided not to go with me. It appears they went with a template and cut the board around the bricks. However, they did not touch up paint with black paint over the cream so you can see around it here and there... The board is cut terribly - as we can all imagine how difficult this might be. It was hard for me to get a decent photo without being obvious. I will tell you that my son laughed out loud when he saw the craftsmanship and said he would not have paid for that. Nor would I. I certainly hope nobody thinks I did this. It's very bad friends, very bad.

Attachments

• 123.jpg
    123.jpg
    476.9 KB · Views: 63

Signarama Jockey

Update: This was my suggestion in the quote that I sent over based on your comment and others. They decided not to go with me. It appears they went with a template and cut the board around the bricks. However, they did not touch up paint with black paint over the cream so you can see around it here and there... The board is cut terribly - as we can all imagine how difficult this might be. It was hard for me to get a decent photo without being obvious. I will tell you that my son laughed out loud when he saw the craftsmanship and said he would not have paid for that. Nor would I. I certainly hope nobody thinks I did this. It's very bad friends, very bad.

Well... they made their bed.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Oof.

Signstein

So, am I the only one curious about the new restaurant? You don't have to share the logo or the name - but is it just another mexican joint? A pizza place? Coffee bar?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
You're getting a little carries away with this AI designing sh!t................... just saying. :rolleyes:

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
My daughter loves the kattyshack here. I couldn't think of anything worse. Pay $30 to pet cats for an hour.:rolleyes:.... we have one at home that we can pet for free.