• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Best Website To Find Vector Clip Art

regalsigns

I am looking for the best websites to find vector clipart. We have many clipart cd's but sometimes can't find what we need on them. Frustrating
at times...:thankyou:

Michael Knight

I only know of a corporate vector logo site (it has other things too, tv show stuff, band art, various other stuff) but the site is: www.brandsoftheworld.com

As for other clipart.. If I need it, I go to my old school Corel Draw v.8 clipart CD. By far the best, although X3 is OK, just doesn't have as much as v.8 does.

What I really like to do is hand draw, scan, and vectorize on the computer. That's fun, but of course time consuming depending on what it is and with all the deadlines around here it's just easier to use/manipulate some existing vector clipart.

Let me know what you need, I can probably send you something.

Mikew

Check out Fred Weiss' Allied Computer Graphics. There is a link to it at the bottom of the page! Fred is also the owner of this great forum!

Cadmn

howdy from Texas Michael :Welcome: 2 :signs101: be aware that as I understand it BrandsOf the World has copywritten Logos & the logos might not even be the latest. therefore using them would be at a discrecianary thought as you could get in trouble down the line this was posted recently & brings alot of light into copyrights & how far they might come to get their pay http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/06/27/unlicensed_software_shocker/
:unclesam: :unclesam:

Ogriv

I would get the vector collections from Fred, I bought his large package deal and they are alreeady paid for!!!! I have had no problems with any of his vectors, WAY TO GO FRED!!!

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Regal, please include my sites in your searching.

In addition to my established site, www.allcompu.com, which sells mostly collections on CD and DVD, keep an eye on my new site which will feature individual files for immediate download, a variety of file formats, and a well keyworded and categorized search engine. It's about 90% done development and we will begin uploading files shortly. Take a sneak peak if you like at www.expressclipart.com.

Comments, questions and suggestions are welcome.

Searching for artwork is indeed a pain in the butt, especially if you have lots of it! Catalogs help to an extent but not even close - as compared to the time that is consumed.

Suggestion.....as Fred states that he will be offering individual pieces, we have all seen the same do the "finding" for many. Therefore, for anybody in need of a certain "piece" - ASK FRED. Most of the time, it seems, the gentleman comes up with "not-so-common" (if common at all) pieces.

Just a suggestion.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Pro Signs & Graphix said:
Searching for artwork is indeed a pain in the butt, especially if you have lots of it! Catalogs help to an extent but not even close - as compared to the time that is consumed.

Suggestion.....as Fred states that he will be offering individual pieces, we have all seen the same do the "finding" for many. Therefore, for anybody in need of a certain "piece" - ASK FRED. Most of the time, it seems, the gentleman comes up with "not-so-common" (if common at all) pieces.

Just a suggestion.

I personally like online searching much better than printed catalogs or all the different proprietary browsers supplied with most desktop publishing clipart collections. Even with printed catalogs, it's very difficult to know what choices you have within a collection or across multiple collections.

We literally have millions of pieces of clipart on our shelves that never get used because of the difficulty and time it takes to browse through all the different collections.

From the publisher's point of view, (people like Andy Holmes at Vector Art, Dave Dorsey at Aurora Graphics, myself at Allied Computer Graphics and others) the issues of preventing piracy dominate most decisions in this area. The answer has historically been to supply a user guide but not to make it particularly easy to find what you want and to make it nearly impossible without the book.

Now, with rising costs for both printing and shipping, the trend is to supplying PDF user guides or less. Aurora, for example, supplies "contact pages" which are individual thumbnail pages in JPG format. I printed out his Print Craft Suite and Monster Wraps from the contact pages and it took over half a day. His answer to making that aspect easier was that it is easy enough. His approach is that he doesn't believe in giving his sign customers access to choose artwork anyway so that catalogs are not needed.

The latest release from Vector Art is the Mega Digital Collection. It is their first release to go with a PDF user guide ... four actually because the collection is actually four different collections. We are looking at doing the same thing with our Plotter Art brand, but will offer the electronic guide versions as a separate product at a reduced price while continuing to offer printed guide versions as we always have.

I once suggested to Andrew Holmes the creation of an online database for paid subscribers to show the contents of many collections. The site would not be in the business of selling collections but would make it very easy to find what you already have a license to use on CD or DVD. The answer was a resounding NO because of the great help it would be to those who would then sell illegal copies of anyone's collections.

Whit

Then again,,,,,
in about the same time it takes to find
what you're looking for,,, build a new piece !!!
With just simple markers,,, you can build
custom pieces with no copyright issues
and can offer your customer more in turn !!!
Even newspaper pictures are clipart sources !!!
Just a thought !!!

Attachments

• !01agirls_soccer_001.jpg
    !01agirls_soccer_001.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 220
  • !01agirls_soccer.jpg
    !01agirls_soccer.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 220

2NinerNiner2

That's fantastic Whit! I'll have to give it a go. But just a quick note on the last part of your post, regarding clipart sources:

"Legal Notice: Copyright *** Newspapers Limited. All rights reserved. Distribution, transmission or republication of any material from www.***.com is strictly prohibited without the prior written permission of ***Newspapers Limited. For information please contact us using our webmaster form. www.***.com online since 1996."

OldPaint

i was fortunate to purchase ZEDCOR GALLERY 15 CD's of most of the DOVER clipart in 600dpi tiffs.....its now ART TODAYs basic library.
also a faster place to get clipart is COLORING BOOKS!!!
most of those pics are easily scaned and go right to vector without any clean up. and the coloring books are have endless subject matter.
PRINT ARTIST little cheappie program....tons of graphics, easy way to find what youre lookin for, older versions of program....you copy graphic to clipboard...paste into corel ..AND ITS A VECTOR....some cleanup required...
also buy a copy of ARTS & LETTERS EXPRESS 7.0.
tons of good VECTOR CLIPART in an easy to view catalog within the program
ive had PRINT ARTIST & ARTS & LETTERS since i started in this.......saved my butt a few times..and you get "one off" so to speak clipart

Merlin

We have the "Mega Collection I & II" and get most of our clip art from them. The Brands of the World site is real good too. We use that. The rest of our clip are is either done here or out of other collections.:design: