• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Best Wrap Certification

rydods

Member for quite some time.
If I were to become a certified wrapper, first of all...Is it worth having the title and honor and second who is the best to become certified with? I've seen Feller's and 3M. I love 3M products and probably would use them not to mention they have training classes in Minnesota which is close by but Feller's claims to be the best. I've been in the sign industry for 10 years, am only 32, and have had my own sign business for 3 years. I have full wrapped a few vehicles, partially wrapped many others and have quickly fallen in love with this part of my business and want to take advantage of this growing industry and become the best of the best. I'm even willing to travel to do a wrap. Just want to make sure that if it's worth spending the money to train and take the tests who holds the certification title?

parrott

We don't do wraps, but I would think 3M. No customer is going to know who the hell Fellers is. Everybody knows and trusts 3M.

tsgstl

Depending on your knowledge, they can be usefull. I was in the business long before taking one and I learned a lot. They build confidence more than anything.
I don't think I have got or lost a job based on what company I got it from. I went to orical and have been helped by both instructors since.

ChicagoGraphics

3M would be the one to get, Fellers on the other hand is no claases, it's all about buying all your materials from Fellers and that's how you get certification from Fellers, which is a BIG joke. Go with 3M.

What's up with the 2012 Fellers catalog, ya think Frank is stuck on him self, come on his picture is plasterd on almost every page and not just one upto 3.

HulkSmash

3M would be the one to get, Fellers on the other hand is no claases, it's all about buying all your materials from Fellers and that's how you get certification from Fellers, which is a BIG joke. Go with 3M.

What's up with the 2012 Fellers catalog, ya think Frank is stuck on him self, come on his picture is plasterd on almost every page and not just one upto 3.

Fellers doesn't give classes any more. You just need to send in referrals, and customer contacts and they call to see if you did a good job. You dont have to buy anything from them.

cdiesel

If you've only wrapped a few vehicles, certifications aren't for you. The certifications that matter are just that--certifications. They are not training classes. I'd recommend wrapping many more vehicles before you try to certify your ability.

A wrap design class is a great idea too!

zmatalucci

Why in the hell would you want to get certified? There are no state laws requiring it, so why do it? As said before, customers would not know fellers if he tea bagged them and wrapped them in vinyl. Certifications are nothing but a money making opportunity for the vinyl manufacturers & distributors.

cdiesel

Certifications are nothing but a money making opportunity for the vinyl manufacturers & distributors.

Besides Fellers requiring their certified shops to buy materials from them, how do mfgs and distributors make money from certifications?

rydods

Member for quite some time.
I thnk I'll plan my training with 3m would be a good start for now. Maybe certification down the road. if there was a wrap design certification I would pay big money for it as well.

visual800

certifications are like addy award...BS! what does it matter and who cares. Please stop giving the government ideas

CWP

So, it seems like nobody really answered the OP's question... Does anyone know of a good "training" program/class for learning the tricks of vehicle wraps? Preferably on the West Coast? Thanks

cdiesel

The OP didn't ask for training.. he asked for certification. There is a difference.

Oracal used to do great training classes.. I haven't seen them offered in awhile so I'm not sure if they still are or not.

3M also offers training. I've not attended one of their classes, so I can't speak to the quality of instruction.

Roland offers classes taught by Dallas & Matt of Digital EFX Wraps. These guys are top notch instructors.

Mosh

I gots me a certificate from the "Mosh Wrap College", I show all my customers and they are greatly impressed.....