• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Big Business Dreamer....facing reality!

Mahogan

Okay, I have a small sign business, it is successful and I have always had big business dreams and thought one way to achieve this goal was online.

So I taught myself how to design websites. You know, if I can design a sign, what is so difficult about designing a website. Well, as most sign guys can relate to having an over active imagination and their head in the clouds (or paint fumes) my dreams became somewhat of an obsession.

That online goal that I was talking about, maybe more of an addiction. So every now and then I would have an epiphany of an online scheme that could make me money in some way or another. My Big Business Dreamer addiction has gotten so out of hand that just about every word that was spoken to my wife or customers sounded like music to my ears. I could hear the band in the background and the choir singing exclaiming "DOT COM" at the end of every word.

That being said, I began gobbling up just about every "DOT COM" domain name that I could envision making me money. This obsession has been happening over the past 8 years! So today, I woke up and realized that there must be some place where I could go to exclaim that I am done!

So here goes.... "Hello, My name is Bob, and I am a Big Business Dreamer Addict" LOL well at any rate. I am here to ask for your help. I need to unload some of these names, since as sign makers go, I figure we all are cut from the same cloth, so to speak. So if anyone is interested in my past Big Business Dreams and want some really cool sign making domain names. Let me know.

I really do not want this post to be flagged as a scam, this is legit, I am a real sign guy, been doing this for over 20 years, I love the business, but decided that my Online Addiction needs to stop! So, anyone else that has these dreams and can make it a reality, here is a link to a some of my epiphanies. http://www.1fastsign.com While this is a pretty comprehensive list, it is only about half of what I actually gobbled up... Ok, you can stop there.... I can only do this in "Little Steps" ...whew!!! Perhaps I can let go of more once I get through my first few therapy sessions. LOL

Oh, thanks for the counseling session. Anyone else that shares this Big Business Dreamer addiction, perhaps we should start our own self-help group. Oh... wait... I hear the symphony and choir again.... sounds like I hear another DOT COM..... ouch... there I go again! LOL

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Welcome from PA..................

The way your site is set up, I'd imagine you should have a Merchant Membership here to sell your names/stuff.

Check out the different memberships available to members here..... wanting to hawk their wares.........​

There are rules in any game and you're not very new to the game, so check out the site thoroughly before you do this kinda thing. :thankyou:

iSign

if you paid $9 each or so, you will not get your money back...

I think you are at a great risk of wasting more time trying to sell one, than you will ever get from all of them... even without renewal fees...

so speaking from one addictive personality to another...
cut your losses & give it up... move on to more lucrative pastures.. as you yourself seem to have discovered.. it was a dream that didn't materialize for you... do yourself a favor & let it go... cut your losses & face the fact that it's not worth any further investment of your time! (in my entirely unsolicited opinion)

401Graphics

I agree. None of these names grab my attention. Maybe Nextday-banners.com But I hate hyphens in domain names. The rest are not good IMO.
I also collected domains over the years thinking I would launch new sites with them, but nothing was done with most of them, and recently i've just been turning off the 'auto renew' on them and letting them expire.

Pat Whatley

I think I've bought and abandoned a couple of dozen over the years. The first one I ever bought was the only one I really thought I could do anything with but had no idea how to develop it so I decided to just sit on it until I could. Lost it when GoDaddy locked me out of my account and the domain expired before I could straighten that out. ******* a little but let it go. Discovered a couple of years ago that a member here has it now. Hope it's working out for them.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
ar.jpg

this was my pipe dream years ago, who'da thought marijuana would be almost legal in two states now....

OADesign

Mahogan,

Although your domains may be sign industry related, this may not be the right audience.

You should take a look at the following:
www.dnforum.com
www.webhostingtalk.com
And similar sites.

Also have you considered domain name parking? In no way shape or form with you get rich but you make make enough to pay your yearly registrar fees.

I was like you and stacked a ton of domains thinking I would hatch the next greatest thing / killer app / billion dollar as seen on tv etc...
Most of my domains sat until the the idea became stale. Now they are no more than some internet real estate with a yearly bill attached.
Not saying YOU wont succeed. But its like kids getting in to NBA, rare, and foolish of me to have that as my single goal.

I did make some cash in the domain trade/resale market. But the time it takes to research value and advertise, for me, is no long worth the trouble.

boxerbay

a domain name does not drive traffic. page content and relevancy does.
I can have TURD.com and post pages about my signs and with proper SEO it will rank.

The problem with people like you - and I know because I have worked with them - is that they constantly have brain farts but never dedicate themselves to actually fulfilling them. So your brain is never focused on one thing and always jumping from one sparkly thing to the next sparkling thing. You end up with a lot of nothing but ideas.

Execution and follow through is key.

Also, Gino is right. 2 posts and it is a page to sell domains to us. LAME.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Narrow down your focus and go deeper. It's better to do a few things really well than try to do many things poorly.

Sharpen your focus and quit dreaming. At the end of the day, dreams without actions are still only dreams. What you really need are goals. Goals are SMART.

SMART = Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, Time-Oriented

JB

Joe Diaz

I personally like: econologo.com

This got me thinking, maybe I should buy up fastersigns.com and fastestsigns.com LOL