• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Big Circle...

Gino

Premium Subscriber
How common are CNCs that can cut a 94" circle? Everyone I know who has a CNC is 4'x8'.

No, I don't think it's common at all, either. Not sure why you are asking, but I'll try to clarify for you. When I first suggested using poly, it would've needed to be hand cut, in most cases. Not a problem, as anyone can hand cut a perfect circle and maybe hafta sand to get some of the little yuxes out of it. However, when everyone was suggesting using two sheets, it's quite hard to finish off four separate corners of the curve and keep them all perfect. A CNC could keep them all..... absolutely perfect. It would then, butt up swimmingly.

shoresigns

No, I don't think it's common at all, either. Not sure why you are asking, but I'll try to clarify for you. When I first suggested using poly, it would've needed to be hand cut, in most cases. Not a problem, as anyone can hand cut a perfect circle and maybe hafta sand to get some of the little yuxes out of it. However, when everyone was suggesting using two sheets, it's quite hard to finish off four separate corners of the curve and keep them all perfect. A CNC could keep them all..... absolutely perfect. It would then, butt up swimmingly.

You suggested a CNC in a follow up post after the one I quoted, so I thought you were suggesting using poly to do the circle in a single piece, with a CNC.