• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Big idea

luggnut

i'm toying with idea of opening a design studio... i think it could be more lucrative selling branding and logo and websites than my present name (forbus sign depot) it sounds like a dude with a cutter to me. here is my big idea ...

please give thoughts.

Attachments

• THE BIG IDEA [Converted].jpg
    THE BIG IDEA [Converted].jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 199

GP

That looks very good -

I think the "the" gets a little lost. Can you make it heavier or perhaps make it look like a dot of the "I" in idea?

Craig Sjoquist

Yes good name BIG... idea, image, sign, design, marketing, really almost anything for each one create a website so they all total a BIG GROUP this will give you great marketing ability's keep it the same fonts etc. maybe change colors with in your advertising ..go for it

tanneji

love it man! I agree with GP about the "THE". Needs a little more oomph but other than that, wouldnt change a thing.

GP

hmmm....

I think the box distracts from the light bulb.

What about just increasing the stroke on "the" and keep it justified to the same size and orientation as the dot. So it's more subtle.

(see attached*)

*please excuse my stretched text

Attachments

• Untitled-1 copy.jpg
    Untitled-1 copy.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 171
Last edited:

BALLPARK

Love the design and layout. I like the version with no box around "The".

You have a very creative design and that is a primary need for a design studio. GL with your company, I think you will have plenty of work ahead!

daveb

General Know-it-all
:notworthy:Just my humble opinion. I like your first one. Is "The" really important? When I look at the logo I see "Big Idea". Think of brevity, when you answer the phone are you going to say THE Big Idea? Or will it morph into just "This is Luggnut from Big Idea? Keep it simple. Just me:popcorn:

luggnut

no box

here it is without a box... with a little bolder "the"

Attachments

• THE BIG IDEA 3.jpg
    THE BIG IDEA 3.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 161

Pro Image

Just a Observation........I think the light bulb should be turned up instead of down.....like when a cartoon character gets the BIG IDEA........:thumb:

signgal

Love the idea and concept of wanting to get away from the "guy with a plotter" name and the new direction of the business. I agree with you on the lucrative part too! :) Good for you!

Love the logo... however, I soooooo can't stand business' names that start with "the". The illustrious Jon Aston posted a business naming guide thingy a while back. Have you looked at it?

TheSellOut

I like "BIG" better...Love the logo BTW, especially the colors! It would be interesting to see the light bulb facing up like Pro Image suggested.

If you drop the "The", see how "Big" looks on the same line as "Idea" at the same size. I bet it make "Idea" look big!