• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

BIG Mutoh Problem

Problem is solved, and Keith over @ Signwarehouse hit it on the nose. And as fior the USB connection, Keith's going to help me get it setup on the network cable.

BIG props and thanks to Keith and everyone else @ Signwarehouse.

randya

Got a call back from the signwarehouse tech, and I happened to be standing here as it happened this time. It happened when the roll was feeding forward, then back just prior to printing. It snached the roll lver back hard, and apparently the machine shuts down when a large vibration or something like that happens.

My setting was for Top, Bottom & Side scanning when loading, so have to turn of Top & Bottom when using the take-up system. It was set to this, but the machine has since been unplugged, and moved, etc. etc so guessing the setting was lost or not saved?? Anyways, I will give it a shot with those setting, and hopefully problem solved.

Still very happy with my Mutoh.

Sounds like this issue?
http://www.mutoh.com/kb/entry/3/

MacDaddy

Power Issue

The power issue is actually a good thing... It alerts you that you have a setting that is incorrect... If you set your 1604 correctly for the job your are producing you will have no problems.... Redundicy is great, learn to love it and it will save you money in the long run on costly parts... These printers have very few mechanical problems, for the most part the issue can be traced back to a set-up issue... We are all learning what makes these things tick and before long it will be a science just as the issues with some of the older printer technolgy has become....Cheers................
:beer

P

ProWraps™

i had my new VJ running on the network in less than 5 mins. is easy if you have any network knowledge. if you need help just hit me up. ill have you up and running in no time.

Flame

Please let us know how this turns out.

My take on Mutoh is "caveat emptor".

I seriously question the quality of a machine at the Mutoh price point.

I believe for the price point, they're the best out there. Penny to penny, a lot more value than a Roland, and a lot more reliable.

JMO.

I had a similar problem with our demo VJ-48. It would shut off and not show any signs of life. I checked the fuses and all were good. I tried turning it on after 10 minutes and all was well. (So the pixie dust works faster in South Florida). The next time I unplugged the machine and let it sit 5 minutes, all was well. This was my second machine and was temporarily running on an extension cord. I now have it in a battery backup and on a dedicated line and never had a problem since. As for the USB, you must run on a network. I had a customer that had his network crash and tried USB. It worked but had many problems. He got the immediate job out but the network was needed.

Grafix USA

Keith helped me with my intial setup after I tried to do it alone and made the process much easier and everything has worked perfectly since. Network cable is definitely the way to go and the trick is just making sure you set the correct IP address.